Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing more than required

Options
  • 27-04-2015 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice on what step to take next. Should I tell someone or just continue to do the normal level of work?

We are required to do a certain amount each month but I'm finding myself bored a lot. Due to this, I don't stop at the minimums our boss puts in place. During the last few months, I did 2-4 times the amount of work that is required and I wasn't the only person with this much stuff done.

Every time our results come out, I get abuse from a couple of different members of my team about this, asking me to slow down so they won't raise the requirement and telling me to stop being a spoilsport as the current target has a lot of free time to do things. One of the girls, who is friends with someone who did the same work as me, was cursing me out of it outside of work last week and then told her friend that her amount of work was fine.

My boss is happy with my work but if I said anything against them, it would be clear it was me complaining and this will just make the whole thing worse.

I'm now just doing the minimum amount to stop being bombarded with this abuse. But I don't know how to act to these people? I just ignored them during the last few times but I'm sick of it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Don't stoop to their level OP. It sounds like there is a culture of laziness around the place which is obviously sanctioned by management. If you're ambitious then keep up the hard work and if your hard work isn't spotted and rewarded in the next 12 months (at the very latest) then it's time to move jobs.

Advertisement