Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice about what to write

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I normally post advice in these fora, however, I'm looking for some advice today.

In work, employees get a recognition award after 10 years service with the company. I'm a very junior employee in the company (graduate role). However, two of my team are getting their 10 year service awards in the coming weeks. One is the senior at her rank, on the floor, and second only to the country manager for the section. The other is the second senior at his rank (the senior at his rank is also on my team and will have his 10 years service in about 2 months) in the country for the section. The section has well over 200 employees.

As part of the recognition, it is expected that all employees on their team write something to say how much they have been inspired and supported by the people getting the awards. Now the problem lies in the fact that I have worked with both of them less than 1 year. While both are on my team, they have provided very little in the way of direct support, except on learning the systems. Most of my work reports to another manager in a different country.

So I'm wondering what I should write about these people? I hate writing these things in the first place, and writing nothing would be only slightly less insulting than writing the wrong thing.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated, and thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Talk about how they inspire you to grow and how it shows what a great company it is since people want to stay so long etc. Basically platitudes but hey; it's what's expected then it's what's expected...

Advertisement