Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Kenny won't cut the grass

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Pat posed the question. ''Why wouldn't the soldiers cut the grass themselves''. His guest replied ''would you cut the grass here at RTE?''

Of course he said no, that he had other things to do.
    ScumLord wrote: »
    No wonder the cost of everything is through the roof when everyone wants to sit around shouting orders at servants.

Pat Kenny seems to be shouting the loudest!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Feeona wrote: »
    And bollox to you too!

I still stand by my opinion that Pat Kenny is a a self righteous, smug fuppin' grasshole!

No, no, no!
    That wasn't the bit i bolloxed. I agree with that bit!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Wonder if any of these state bodies needs and arse kicking service? I'm available........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

You know what AH thinks, rabble rabble rabble, that's what AH thinks.

But that's what makes AH so entertaining:)

Anyhow I have little time for Pat Kenny. He's an overpaid condescending middle-class windbag who's living on a completely different planet to most ordinary people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I don't think the army would mind a bit of gardening "Predator style"... Linky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think people should look after their own surroundings. No wonder the cost of everything is through the roof when everyone wants to sit around shouting orders at servants.

It would take a few people at most a day to do this kind of work but instead we'd rather pay someone to do it for us so we can go on living the illusion that we're all entitled lords of Ireland.

I am a fuckin entitled lord of Ireland - the O'Nodin of clan Nodin - and I've the big hairy hole to prove it. Now fuck off and get me tea. No sugar, feck all milk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Grass isn't the only thing I would cut at RTÉ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Bollox.
    Of course they should cut the fúcking grass themselves. What exactly do they do all day? It's not like we're at war, or going to be - what do the 8000 or so (i think) soldiers do all day, that has them so busy that a handfull of them can't spend an hour or two on a lawnmower?

demarcation in the workplace is what it's all about.

you'll never get a soldier cutting grass, because the unions say it's not their job. just like a security guard wouldn't change a light bulb in his office.
    pat kenny wouldn't cut the grass because there'd need to be a risk assessment done first, can't have RTE's prize star pouring petrol into a lawnmower!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

The minister for procurement was on Pat Kennys show talking about contractors cutting the grass for the Irish army.

Pat posed the question. ''Why wouldn't the soldiers cut the grass themselves''. His guest replied ''would you cut the grass here at RTE?''

So AH should RTE or PS workers be asked to cut grass, paint walls or clean up in their own offices?
    Do we have to contract every little job out to the private sector?

What do you think?

CE participants cut a lot of the grass around the counties afaik. Social welfare recipients should be out doing it too imho

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Pat Kenny being over paid is not his problem. We all try to get make as much money as possible from our jobs. In fairness to him he does do a good job on that frontline program he has, and gets good listener ratings in the mornings.
    But yea, he is over paid. At least he was when he was doing the late late show. I have no idea what kind of money he is on now.

I'm not his biggest fan either though to be honest, but I hear he's actually good craic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

The minister for procurement was on Pat Kennys show talking about contractors cutting the grass for the Irish army.

So AH should RTE or PS workers be asked to cut grass, paint walls or clean up in their own offices?
    Do we have to contract every little job out to the private sector?

What do you think?

Why would I want to cut the grass where I work it's not what I'm paid to do.
    People on the dole on the other hand are paid to sit at home scratching let them do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

ntlbell wrote: »
    cut his f*cking wages the pompus prick

Cut him

hondasam wrote: »
    Why would I want to cut the grass where I work it's not what I'm paid to do.

So if the boss asked you to do it you'd object? Say the rostering system puts you in for grass cutting between 10am and 1 pm next Tuesday. What would you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

G'wan Pat do a bit of work ourra dat.

Hasnt he done plenty of gardening in his time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Bob: Dammit I have to go home now and cut the grass or the wife will be nagging me

Ed: Do you have a ride-on?

Bob: I do yeah but only if I cut the grass first....

I quite like cutting grass actually. It's very soothing. Only on a ride-on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Sky King wrote: »
    Bob: Dammit I have to go home now and cut the grass or the wife will be nagging me

Ed: Do you have a ride-on wide on?

Bob: I do yeah but only if I cut the grass first....

I quite like cutting grass actually. It's very soothing. Only on a ride-on though

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

If living close to Pat Kenny, make sure to keep your own grass short. One man didn't. Before he knew it Pat could conceal his herd of badgers in the long grass and then claim ownership.

squod wrote: »
    So if the boss asked you to do it you'd object? Say the rostering system puts you in for grass cutting between 10am and 1 pm next Tuesday. What would you do?

I do not cut the grass at home.
    My boss knows me better than to make such a stupid request. I do the job I'm paid to do. It would never happen.

I do not cut the grass at home.
    My boss knows me better than to make such a stupid request. I do the job I'm paid to do. It would never happen.

So you'd leave then. Is that the answer? I don't believe anyone would refuse to do it if it was scheduled like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Pat Kenny doesn't even cut his own grass.
    I know because I've hired lawnmowers out to his gardener before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

The Army doing work? Not a hope.

What does one do in the army?

They fight the commies and terrorists in eye-rack!:pac:

So you'd leave then. Is that the answer? I don't believe anyone would refuse to do it if it was scheduled like.

My boss could not ask me to do this, I'm not employed as a Gardener.
    It would be unreasonable and totally out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

kfallon wrote: »
    Cutting the grass....the bane of my teenage years!!! :(

Can we get all those Spanish and Italian students to do it? At least in the Summer.

My boss could not ask me to do this, I'm not employed as a Gardener.
    It would be unreasonable and totally out of the question.

Seriously? I'm not a gardener either. I reckon I can manage a lawnmower without a degree in horticulture.

So MegaCorp buys over your job and your old boss is hit by a bus. hondasam is rostered in once a month for two hours grass cutting under the new lean system management have put in place.

You're saying you'd just up and leave?

Seriously? I'm not a gardener either. I reckon I can manage a lawnmower without a degree in horticulture.

So MegaCorp buys over your job and your old boss is hit by a bus. hondasam is rostered in once a month for two hours grass cutting under the new lean system management have put in place.

No I would not leave, I would refuse to do the job I was not paid to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

But that's what makes AH so entertaining:)

Anyhow I have little time for Pat Kenny. He's an overpaid condescending middle-class windbag who's living on a completely different planet to most ordinary people.

I would not categorise Pat Kenny as middle class any more than I would categorise Joe Duffy as working class. The condescending windbag stuff definitely. The strange thing is, Pat Kenny is one of the better "serious" broadcasters that we have in Ireland. Vinnie Brown is entertaining but almost a self parody at this stage. Miriam O' Callahan is pathetic at serious interviews.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

No I would not leave, I would refuse to do the job I was not paid to do.

Face a disciplinary over some grass cutting? C'mon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Why would a lean management team pay Hondasam, someone who I presume is working for more than minimum wage, minimum wage + x per hour to cut the grass when it could be done for just minimum wage? In the case of someone like Pat Kenny, you're paying something like 10 - 20 times the going rate for grass cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,667 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Isn't that basically the premise for Nationwide though except with an even more pompous presenter.

I just like the idea of forcing the Plank to live of a lawnmower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Pat Kenny would suck my ass sooner than cut the grass, I will lure him with a mooner then make him eat glass

Advertisement