Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late Late Show Clip

• 17-02-2012 10:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm looking for the clip where Gay Byrne rings up a prize winner and her daughter has died. I can't find it on youtube but I'm sure I saw it there before.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

BrianJD wrote: »
    Hi

I'm looking for the clip where Gay Byrne rings up a prize winner and her daughter has died. I can't find it on youtube but I'm sure I saw it there before.

Its a pity gay byrne didnt die during that phone call as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Never heard of it, but I'd love to see how Pat Kenny or Tubridy would handle themselves in that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,591 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Hi

Why?

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is there a nun or a priest on the show with him when he makes the call?

if there is i seen that vid. on a thread somewhere on here not too long ago but can't remember what forum/thread maybe in television

Found it.

Edit - Private :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭BrianJD

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Is there a nun or a priest on the show with him when he makes the call?

if there is i seen that vid. on a thread somewhere on here not too long ago but can't remember what forum/thread maybe in television

Yes there is a nun and the poet Brendan Kenneally. I might have seen it on here, Im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seachmall wrote: »
    Never heard of it, but I'd love to see how Pat Kenny or Tubridy would handle themselves in that situation.

As if by magic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,103 ✭✭✭amacca

pat kenny would handle it like he handles most things....not very well

theres a clip of him getting pissed off at a woman who was less than impressed she got tickets to the toyshow or something and told him she wouldn't go

he could have made light of it but his internal plankiness intervened......I reckon he is a reincarnated spoilt bitter member of the french aristocracy slowly getting narkier as the imaginary syphillis takes hold

Surely you can find something better to fap to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Not my idea of a good friday night but whatever you're into

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

Hi

Yeah coz its fcukin hilarious.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Yes there is a nun and the poet Brendan Kenneally. I might have seen it on here, Im not sure.

that's the video linked in post #6 but as they say it's now private, it's the one i watched though so must have only been made private(whatever that's about) recently.

click the vid. & login to YT & you might be able to watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

amacca wrote: »
    theres a clip of him getting pissed off at a woman who was less than impressed she got tickets to the toyshow or something and told him she wouldn't go

he could have made light of it but his internal plankiness intervened
    Less than impressed? She was downright quarrelsome in how she approached his phonecall. I have always just assumed she was drunk.

For the record, I'm not a fan of Pat Kenny on television, but I think in that instance he performed wonderfully calmly and with good humour throughout. If he hadn't torn up the tickets, I would have been hugely disappointed:pac:.

later12 wrote: »
    Less than impressed? She was downright quarrelsome in how she approached his phonecall. I have always just assumed she was drunk.

I'd hardly call her quarrelsome. She just didn't seem interested, I'd say she didn't expect to win and only entered because, well, that's what people do.

I thought she was very polite about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

later12 wrote: »
    For the record, I'm not a fan of Pat Kenny on television, but I think in that instance he performed wonderfully calmly and with good humour throughout. If he hadn't torn up the tickets, I would have been hugely disappointed:pac:.

Wonderfully calm? He tore up the tickets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Was that corey feldman on last week saying how he will reveal all (in his book of course) about arse buggery by Hollywood types because I missed the interview

desperate lengths i can't say whose is worse, the eighties child stars attention craving or the pedo's tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tweet0004

think it was Pat Kenny, and she died in a car crash - maybe wrong.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

I thought she was very polite about it.
    I think that's a interesting definition of polite.

Most interpretations of polite behaviour might suggest that one quietly and graciously accepts a gift or prize, no matter how little it might seem personally appealing. Or at worst, declines the prize or gift more privately,when it can be quietly given to someone else.

Anyway, it doesn't particularly matter. Either way, I think Kenny was the one who handled the situation with more humour and grace on this particular occasion. And yes, this includes tearing up the tickets.

If you want to see real Pat Kenny carcrash tv, look at him interviewing Pete Doherty a few years back. It was more akin to an intervention than an interview. Really carcrash stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭acidskiffle

Hi

Was looking for that myself a while back and had no luck.
    He still had to ask her the question for the prize if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭SugarCoat

Did a bit of googling and by the looks of it...the video went viral around december 13th 2011,so the uploader probably panicked that RTE could come after him and he set the video to private.

The options are:
    a-contact the uploader to ask if he will send you the video(i discovered the uploader's youtube username ;))
    b-find a video hoarder who saved it
    c-use a dodgy site which claims to be able to access removed videos from youtube

SugarCoat wrote: »
    Did a bit of googling and by the looks of it...the video went viral around december 13th 2011,so the uploader probably panicked that RTE could come after him,so he set the video to private.
    That date quite co-incides with...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Its a pity gay byrne didnt die during that phone call as well
    He may not be the most interesting person ever to be on tv, but to wish him death is a bit OTT.

Advertisement