Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many times do you wear your clothes before washing them

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Bra-I change it every 2 days.
    Underwear-Every day. No excuses.
    Socks-Every day.
    Tights-Every day.
    T-shirt-Every day.
    Jumper-Might get 3 wears out of it if it doesn't smell or hasn't been stained.
    Jeans-I probably get 10 wears out of jeans before washing.
    Dresses-3 wears, then I'd wash.

We do, even a few shakes after a piss won't stop all the dribble.

A few drops of piss, who cares. Two days is perfectly acceptable for boxers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Anyone in your vicintity who can smell two day old urine from you care, I imagine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

yes how would these pretty boys have coped in famine ireland with 1 set of clothes

yes how would these pretty boys have coped in famine ireland with 1 set of clothes

Well a lot of people in famine-stricken Ireland died, clothing or no. So eh...

Anyone in your vicintity who can smell two day old urine from you care, I imagine.

In other words nobody, if they buried their nose right against the fabric their might be a hint of a smell. In normal everyday contact, with jeans/trousers on and wearing deodorant not a chance.

In other words nobody, if they buried their nose right against the fabric their might be a hint of a smell. In normal everyday contact, with jeans/trousers on and wearing deodorant not a chance.

Unless you spray your penis with that deodorant, there's every chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Anybody else find these threads just utterly pointless and coma inducingly boring?

And the scores of people replying: I have to ask WHY?

Sleep time; showers per day; pizza toppings; washing clothes.

The banality is astonishing.

How would you resolve the situation in the Middle East?

What's your favorite Thorium fuel cycle design?

Does true altruism exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Am I the only one tired of these threads?

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    How would you resolve the situation in the Middle East?

Dance off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

osarusan wrote: »
    Am I the only one tired of these threads?

Time for a seperate 'Cleanliness' Forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kfallon wrote: »
    Time for a seperate 'Cleanliness' Forum!

Cleanliness and pizza toppings forum.

Unless you spray your penis with that deodorant, there's every chance.

How about spray the boxers and the jeans? It's just nonsense to claim a person can smell that you are wearing boxers for the second day, you couldn't tell if they were on the 4th day never mind the 2nd day.

The drawers and socks are washed after one wear, the boulder-holders after two (they lose the elastic goodness too quickly after washing), I'd wear shirts and t-shirts only once, jeans and skirts twice, and things like sweaters after two or three.

Scarves, gloves, knit hats etc., after a week or so. Sheets and bedding at least once a week, towels after each use, kitchen tea towels after a days use, and things like cushion covers and curtains would probably get a whizz round the washer a couple of times a year.

I'm not afraid of the washing machine and dryer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I must state that alot of ladies in USA and England (some in Ireland too) sell their knickers online, you can buy them to be worn for over 3 days, the next time you see an attractive young woman, just think she may have 3 day old panties on. Some even do it for a week.

There's a very attractive woman from Galway selling panties i noticed.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    The drawers and socks are washed after one wear, the boulder-holders after two (they lose the elastic goodness too quickly after washing), I'd wear shirts and t-shirts only once, jeans and skirts twice, and things like sweaters after two or three.

Scarves, gloves, knit hats etc., after a week or so. Sheets and bedding at least once a week, towels after each use, kitchen tea towels after a days use, and things like cushion covers and curtains would probably get a whizz round the washer a couple of times a year.

I'm not afraid of the washing machine and dryer.

I read 'drawers' and thought, "Candie is always so refined" and a few words down the line you hit me with 'boulder-holders' :pac:

I read 'drawers' and thought, "Candie is always so refined" and a few words down the line you hit me with 'boulder-holders' :pac:

I love the term drawers! I despise the word 'panties', and knickers sounds so 18th Century. Drawers is where it's at. No pun intended. :)

Boulder-holders was my granddads term, or more precisely, the over-shoulder-boulder-holder. :D

I love the term drawers! I despise the word 'panties', and knickers sounds so 18th Century. Drawers is where it's at. No pun intended. :)

Boulder-holders was my granddads term, or more precisely, the over-shoulder-boulder-holder. :D

'Drawers' is a great word to get an innuendo in with! :D

'Drawers' is a great word to get an innuendo in with! :D

I have furniture disease. My chest fell into my drawers! :)

T

Scarves, gloves, knit hats etc., after a week or so. Sheets and bedding at least once a week, towels after each u

Do people actually wash hats and gloves, ever I mean?

I have hats for 5 or 6 years that I never considered washing.

• Advertisement

Do people actually wash hats and gloves, ever I mean?

I have hats for 5 or 6 years that I never considered washing.

Yes, most people would consider clothing items worn on the hands or head worth washing at some point. Do you not think that six year old gloves might be a little grubby? Or a hat worn on your head, with it's oils and sweat, might need a wash, even after a year or so?

Although nothing about your post surprises me.

Yeah "panties" just sounds creepy in my head

I wouldn't wash towels after every use I have to say ... I'm clean and they're clean ... maybe a few washes or so
    Sheets every week MAYBE 2 if i'm lazy

bluewolf wrote: »
    Yeah "panties" just sounds creepy in my head

I wouldn't wash towels after every use I have to say ... I'm clean and they're clean ... maybe a few washes or so
    Sheets every week MAYBE 2 if i'm lazy

Panties is the word that the guy who creeps into your garden to steal your smalls from the wash line uses. :mad:

Panties is the word that the guy who creeps into your garden to steal your smalls from the wash line uses. :mad:

Ah here, I don't use it ALL the time ffs...... :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

what kind of rank amateur takes them after they've been washed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

depends on the clothes.

Expanding circles.

Underwear and socks get updated daily.
    Shirts every couple of days.
    Sweaters, hoodies and trousers get washed once a week... maybe ten days
    Suits can go months without cleaning.

strelok wrote: »
    what kind of rank amateur takes them after they've been washed?

Well people don't usually hang them out on the line when they're 'dirty'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

I wear everything once before washing them, even jeans. Only cause I wear them to work and they can get dirty very quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

You know balls sweat and there are droplets of urine left on your penis after peeing?

Well just make sure you wipe your noob with a bit of tissue after shaking it. As for sweaty balls, just put some baby powder on them and they'll be grand. No smells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

I don't wash my clothes, I just kill a new buffalo an skin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Underwear, socks, dresses (unless I only have on for a few hours) and t-shirts I'll only wear once before washing.

Jeans/shorts/trousers/skirts about 3 times before washing.
    Bras for about 3 days also.
    Jumpers depend, usually 2-4 days.
    Coats depend on how much I wear them and how dirty they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

I suppose you fart Febreze, too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

when is the last time you smelled piss or shít off of someone that wasn't a homeless or alco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

Skerries wrote: »
    when is the last time you smelled piss or shít off of someone that wasn't a homeless or alco?

If you frequent public transport, it happens far too often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

If you frequent public transport, it happens far too often.

This is sadly true.

Also all this baby powder and bla bla bla... Surely it's less effort to just pull on some fresh underwear??

Quite frequently, actually. yesterday was the last time. Travelling on four buses a day for work, as well as working in retail, it's pretty common to have someone near you who smells like pee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Throw your socks against the wall. If they don't stick they're grand.

Once for tops, maybe twice for jeans. Far too hot to rewear stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 sobeitamen

when they need it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

This morning. We've got a few stinkers at work, I'm just really, really lucky for not having to sit next to any of them.

Demographically speaking, they are all young (mid to late 20s) Irish males.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Keep going until you can't hide the skidmarks anymore.

It gets real tricky hiding the skidmarks off the shirts....

Shenshen wrote: »
    Demographically speaking, they are all young (mid to late 20s) country bumpkin Irish males.

;)

I don't think I ever smelled p*ss of someone in public that wasn't homeless or a wino. I smell a lot exaggeration though going on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I don't think I ever smelled p*ss of someone in public that wasn't homeless or a wino. I smell a lot exaggeration though going on here.

I have to agree with others. It happens the odd time on public transport and very seldomly at work when im in a canteen queue. Usually one has to be pretty close to the individual to smell it.

I guess its a lot like smoking. Smokers can't even get the smell on themselves or their clothes but everyone who is not a smoker can get the rank smell. I know there are certain houses i visit where i have to wash all my clothes immediately after because of the smell of cigarettes smoke that has transferred to them.The smokers in question could carry on for days oblivious to their own smell.

I have to imagine it's the same for those with BO or piss stains on them because tif they could smell themselves, they'd clean up.

The nose is a funny thing, it adjusts to regular smells to the point we don't notice them as much. Case in point my car, i always use a good car freshener but after a few days i cant really smell it anymore. I tend to forget it until someone compliments the car smell which i usually find strange as i can't smell it anymore at that point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

zarquon wrote: »
    The nose is a funny thing, it adjusts to regular smells to the point we don't notice them as much. Case in point my car, i always use a good car freshener but after a few days i cant really smell it anymore. I tend to forget it until someone compliments the car smell which i usually find strange as i can't smell it anymore at that point

Very similar to perfume - if you can smell it yourself, you're probably wearing too much of it.

• Advertisement

after years of sinus damage my sense of smell is erratic and impaired but the worst to me is aftershave and cologne... makes me wheeze and worse. have to say am rarely among people anyways.. which is why pension day at a big post office has me backing out....bless them they cannot help it and one day...

I have to agree with others. It happens the odd time on public transport and very seldomly at work when im in a canteen queue. Usually one has to be pretty close to the individual to smell it.

I guess its a lot like smoking. Smokers can't even get the smell on themselves or their clothes but everyone who is not a smoker can get the rank smell. I know there are certain houses i visit where i have to wash all my clothes immediately after because of the smell of cigarettes smoke that has transferred to them.The smokers in question could carry on for days oblivious to their own smell.

I have to imagine it's the same for those with BO or piss stains on them because tif they could smell themselves, they'd clean up.

worst I had fro that was a golf course club house where I was cadging free wifi while trying to get my internet connected. some piped air freshener that stank and clung to all my clothes and skin and made me wheeze. even thinking if it sets me off , worse than walking ash trays

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭cocaliquid

Clothes wear them for seven days. Underwear change them every day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I guess its a lot like smoking. Smokers can't even get the smell on themselves or their clothes but everyone who is not a smoker can get the rank smell.

I dunno, the one time I wore underwear two days in a row, I could smell the disgusting hum I was giving off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

In your opinion of course.

I disagree, stale piss doesn't smell good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement