Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Requesting explanation of the Explanation of Indo journalist thread deletion

Options
  • 30-03-2014 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭

Seems like the stickied thread on the top of the forum is seeking to sweep a thread under the carpet and I'm wondering what it was about. Can somebody give an explanation or a link? Seems intriguing. I'm not interested in starting a discussion about whatever if it so just shoot me a PM if you know. Cheers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

It was a female reporter reporting on how she had to live at home at age 34 because of the rent situation in Dublin.

Her boobs were not at all relevant.

Or fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It was a female reporter reporting on how she had to live at home at age 34 because of the rent situation in Dublin.

Her boobs were not at all relevant.

Or fantastic.

Ah, that's it? I've read that thread. The impression I got from the stickied one is that is was something juicier. Oh well. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The 2nd time a thread got Nuked

Apparently

Boobs and Blasphemy don't do well on boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

You can't handle the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Gatling wrote: »
    Boobs and Blasphemy don't do well on boards
    I read the first couple of pages of that one when it started. Sorry I missed the blasphemy now.

Honestly thought that a deleted thread about a journalist would be a slightly meatier topic, like the other one allegedly getting fired from the Indo for doorstopping Callinan.

• Advertisement

No Pants wrote: »
    I read the first couple of pages of that one when it started. Sorry I missed the blasphemy now.

The blasphemy one happened earlier in the year , a lively thead got completely nuked after a concermned boardsie emailed HQ and reminded them of possible legal issues regarding blasphemy laws

The thread in the stickie got a lot of uncalled for comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

The blasphemy one happened earlier in the year , a lively thead got completely nuked after a concermned boardsie emailed HQ and reminded them of possible legal issues regarding blasphemy laws

The thread in the stickie got a lot of uncalled for comments

Thanks Lynrd Skynrd for gettin this cleared up....

Sheesh..what is the world coming to...

The "Article" was,and remains,a pertinent one and more than capable of supporting "discussion"...what seems to have spooked some folks is the accompanying Photographic depiction of the Journalist concerned (A person of the age of majority one supposes ?) and reactions thereto....:confused:

I would suggest that most reasonable posters here can see past the physical attributes of this person and home in on the serious issues raised by her reported opinions...or is it the situation that Moderation is now focused on sterilizing the Board as opposed to promoting debate ?

Surely if it was of such concern,the ladys decolletage could have been airbrushed out ?

Her take on her situation should surely be open to robust debate ??

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seems like the stickied thread on the top of the forum is seeking to sweep a thread under the carpet and I'm wondering what it was about. Can somebody give an explanation or a link? Seems intriguing. I'm not interested in starting a discussion about whatever if it so just shoot me a PM if you know. Cheers.

It was something about her having to live at home, or so I garnered from the title. On the face of it, little of interest to me there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Freddie Dodge

Alison o Riordan type whinge. Some people got verrrry cross. No biggie.

Having seen the pic in question ,I seriously cannot see why so many got all excited for ,
    She was hardly topless or wearing a see through top ,

Personally I don't think any thread should be nuked after all the majority of us are adults ,

Some of us have actually seen real naked breasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭SamAK

Loads of cheesy, sexist and utterly juvenile comments like 'i'd give her one' and 'she can come and live with me'...etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Female Sunday Independent journalist writes lifestyle piece.

Angry little men post lots of vitriol from the relative security of their home.

Thread closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Some of us have actually seen real naked breasts

Check out the fitness forum if you're self conscious about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

I didn't see anything that bad tbh. There's a lot worse stuff said to posters on here that goes unnoticed. Or am I allowed to say that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement