Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rayburn

• 14-06-2012 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

I have an old rayburn solid fuel cooker, I think its a number 1, it seems to be smoking a lot and I think it needs some work done on the inside. Does anyone know who would do this, also would it be possible to put a boiler into it or is it too small ? Maybe its just over the hill and its time to move onto something newer :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 WexTex

Where are you?

I don't think it's a big problem. Maybe just needs tweaking/cleaning.

In mine (oil) the plates change every year, shifting & warping, and I have to 'get to know' how the temperature 'behaves' when it's turned back on in the fall. Also have to vacuum it so the eye works and it fires properly.

MIL has an AGA that uses a wick. It was smoking a lot, coming out the air intake pipe. A new wick and a rough clean of the chimney fixed it. Another time it was misbehaving that way, an extension on the chimney helped.

We cleaned out our chimney a little with a brick on a rope :eek: and it's amazing the difference it's made in the draw.

Sorry, not much help, but wanted to ask where you are in order to recommend anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Hi WexTex
    Thanks for that, I'll try giving it a good cleaning out and clean the chimney and see if that helps. Its an old cooker probably over 40 years now so maybe its just past its sell by date.... but I'll give it one last chance, just worried about carbon monoxide if its leaking fumes.... don't want to wake up dead !!!! I'm in Louth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

Some spare parts here
    http://www.dineensales.com/CookerParts.aspx

including some rayburn boilers, just depends how much work you want to do on it or how much money you want to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭1865

Robert Stanley in Tullow is very good with rayburns. might be worth a shout.

1865 wrote: »
    Robert Stanley in Tullow is very good with rayburns. might be worth a shout.

Mr. Stanley does Rayburns? The Irony:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭baords dyslexic

WexTex wrote: »
    Mr. Stanley does Rayburns? The Irony:P

Good job he doesn't live in Waterford then :rolleyes:

;)

My husband is constantly confusing me sending me to
    Ferns Engineering in Wexford or
    Paddy Denby Engineering in Ferns. :confused:

Any luck bnear?