Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a Saharan Embassey in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-03-2014 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭

I have a complaint to make.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What's a Saharan Embassey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

It's right next to the Gobi one, opposite the Atacama Consulate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Yeah it's in Sandymount

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭MicraBoy

Boycott Sahara!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

It's right next to the Gobi one, opposite the Atacama Consulate.

Are they on St Stephens Green, either side of Oasis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

I've got sand in my underwear! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

I've got sand in my underwear! ;)

Thats the joys of being adventurous at the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The car washes are doing great business though :)

For anyone who doesn't know, many areas of Ireland were treated to a liberal coating of fine, abrasive Saharan dust last night. My car was covered in the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Alun wrote: »
    The car washes are doing great business though :

And they'll get great business from the fools again, as the dust is predicted to happen in the next few days again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Its currently under morrocan occupation, the polisario front have a HQ in Algeria. Althouh Id say they have bigger worries than a bit of sand.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polisario_Front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

obviously you mean western saharan?

Michael Palin visited the area in Sahara - great programme. Quite sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

OP, the Egyptian Embassy in Dublin is presumably partly responsible for any Sahara nuisances, and their local website redirects you to their foreign ministry site, which has this "welcome note":
    With all means of warm and friendly welcome, I have the pleasure to welcome all visitors -Egyptians and foreigners- to the website of the Egyptian Ministry for Foreign Affairs. As one of the leading Egyptian institutions in Egypt's modern history, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is keen to track the spirit of the age and the speedy progress in information and communication technology.
    [...]
    I do hope that the services offered by the site are to be presented in a high level performance that we all look forward to, I would also like to highlight the Ministry's willingness to receive your constructive comments and valuable remarks on the efficiency of this new site in order to contribute in its continuous enrichment and progress to achieve the utmost benefit for all of us.

Anyway, once you get beyond that there's a complaints form which does not specifically mention car dust, but I'm sure that's what it is there for.
    http://www.mfa.gov.eg/English/CitizensComplaints/Pages/default.aspx

Good luck!

Advertisement