Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wierd/ bizzare ads on Donedeal

• 04-01-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭

Looking through donedeal in the last while I was somewhat bemused to see that somebody in Dublin was selling a camel...off all animals.

http://www.donedeal.ie/horses-for-sale/camel-3-years-old-for-sale/6209921

Now I'm far from an animal expert but I would have thought that our climate was hardly that conducive to keeping a camel. I'm also unsure what use you'd have for such an animal in Ireland. Don't imagine you'd keep one as a pet and can't say I've heard of camel meat (although I'm sure its there too). Other than that maybe members of certain communities are attaching sulkies to the back of them and away they go off down the road?

Again wouldn't be too familiar with camel prices but €2,250 seems a bit saucy on the face of it.

Maybe I'm out of touch though and they are now all the rage with the yuppies...

So what wierd and wonderful ads have you seen on donedeal as I'm sure there are plenty of them. I'm not talking about the type where you see someone selling a car for a fifth of what its worth. I'd imagine here a lot of the time somebody is advertising their friends pride and joy for a bit of a laugh. Moreso the type of ads with bizzare items or very peculiar wording in them, do share....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Adverts has some of the weirdest stuff. I saw a half pack of jelly being advertised as free before. "Collection only"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

That camel has an awfully saggy hump

2/10 - would not ride across desert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

judgefudge wrote: »
    Adverts has some of the weirdest stuff. I saw a half pack of jelly being advertised as free before. "Collection only"

Adverts too for that matter. I'm sure there is some even more bizzare stuff there also seen as you can advertise for free on it and give stuff away free...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

WikiHow wrote: »
    Make shelving chop up the wife bury her everywhere many uses

At least he's putting forward some practical ideas for what to do with them

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Reminds me of this one I found a few years back..

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

The worst add I seen was in People North "boat needed to drive retarded children on lake blessington"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Looking through donedeal in the last while I was somewhat bemused to see that somebody in Dublin was selling a camel...off all animals.

Now I'm far from an animal expert but I would have thought that our climate was hardly that conducive to keeping a camel. I'm also unsure what use you'd have for such an animal in Ireland. Don't imagine you'd keep one as a pet and can't say I've heard of camel meat (although I'm sure its there too). Other than that maybe members of certain communities are attaching sulkies to the back of them and away they go off down the road?

Again wouldn't be too familiar with camel prices but €2,250 seems a bit saucy on the face of it.

So what wierd and wonderful ads have you seen on donedeal as I'm sure there are plenty of them. I'm not talking about the type where you see someone selling a car for a fifth of what its worth. I'd imagine here a lot of the time somebody is advertising their friends pride and joy for a bit of a laugh. Moreso the type of ads with bizzare items or very peculiar wording in them, do share....

No point in getting the hump over it OP. It's just an ad.

I seen an ad on done deal a few weeks ago for a parachute. The description had it as "only used once, never opened" gave me a giggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

ive seen an ad on done deal selling bales and saying miles cheaper dan that welsh bale that got sold for £80 million few weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Daqster

Always feel the ads from women selling their used underwear on Advertss are bound to only attract weirdos:

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/clothes-shoes-accessories/womenswear/lingerie/used_panties/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Saw one a few months ago on DD advertising half a pint of guinness left in some pub. Picture of pint glass half gone with nice head on bar. Worded very well. Something like glass half full creamy head goes down well situated in good company. Anyone see that one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Stevie Wonder is retiring from farming, few dents would buff out :rolleyes:

http://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/mitsubishi-pajero-swb-3-2/6664154

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Scotty P

Stevie Wonder is retiring from farming, few dents would buff out :rolleyes:

http://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-for-sale/mitsubishi-pajero-swb-3-2/6664154

What's bizarre about it? Price seems to reflect the condition.

Scotty P wrote: »
    What's bizarre about it? Price seems to reflect the condition.

Its hardly worth a €1000 euro, there isnt a straight panel on it, its full of beer stains, if it was clean with no mechanical issues it wouldnt be worth much more than what asking price is. Anyone one that pays that asking price would want their head examined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Its hardly worth a €1000 euro, there isnt a straight panel on it, its full of beer stains, if it was clean with no mechanical issues it wouldnt be worth much more than what asking price is. Anyone one that pays that asking price would want their head examined.

That's just patina. It takes a lot of dogs abuse to make a jeep look like that. The man has put effort into its appearance and should be suitably rewarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

One hump or two?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Do you think he will take a Hundred for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Hootanany wrote: »
    Do you think he will take a Hundred for it?

If Salvador Dali had done the bending, collectors would give him €100k.

Advertisement