Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blog Help Please !

Options
  • 10-09-2013 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hello! I just started up a blog and when I posted a new entry today, I went to look at it to see what it was like. Basically, theres a big empty above my recent post and I think that will stay there for every new post. It's hard to explain but if anyone knows how to fix this I would be eternally thankful! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    Hello! I just started up a blog and when I posted a new entry today, I went to look at it to see what it was like. Basically, theres a big empty above my recent post and I think that will stay there for every new post. It's hard to explain but if anyone knows how to fix this I would be eternally thankful! Thanks!

Site address and platform you are using?

Sorry - on my iPhone right now

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

I'm using blogger and the site is: teatimewithjohn.blogspot.com/

It looks fine to me. No big spaces. And I see you like the number 7 too, except you write it as "seven" which makes it hard to read as another 7.

Are you inserting an image?

Can you view the html code rather than just the wysiwyg? Maybe it's your browser? I'm on safari. That sounds weird doesn't it? I think there's an elephant in the room.

There should be some forums where you type in "big huge spaces at top of post," for example, and someone will likely have a thread on it.

It looks fine to me. No big spaces. And I see you like the number 7 too, except you write it as "seven" which makes it hard to read as another 7.

Are you inserting an image?

Can you view the html code rather than just the wysiwyg? Maybe it's your browser? I'm on safari. That sounds weird doesn't it? I think there's an elephant in the room.

Hmm, if it looks okay to you then maybe It's just my computer. I'm using safari too, and on the mobile version it seems fine.

I love the number seven, its, like, my TOTES fave!
    Thanks for tour help ! Also sorry for the late reply.

• Advertisement

No worries on the time delay . . . I was in the ER yesterday from 2pm to 10pm, since Lucy^2 had taken a header off the kitchen floor last week (long story) - it turns out she had concussion after getting the results of her computer aided tomography scan. The repercussions of concussion is a possible subdural hematoma (don't ask me to spell that!) She wouldn't go to the hospitootle last week, but Monday night had a "Crtrl Alt Delete" episode, which scared her immensely. It was like dementia . . . freaky-deaky I must say.

I was on my iPhone while posting a reply to you, and it was at 15% and dropping fast. I dislike using iPhones for posting, since the results vary from what I want to say.

Oh, and I stepped on my Sony Vaio last weekend, so the screen has a 1 inch vertical light show down the centre. My back-up Vaio needs to be cloned, so I can keep going without a blip. I'm currently trying to use the right hemisphere of the screen, which is pretty funny to do.

Anyway, enough about my problems . . . .

Fudgebrace, you have a problem. Here's a screenshot snip of your site using JonDoFox (Firefox on meth.)

I think you have not programmed a header, which brings me to some irony ^^^

Hey, I used blogspot at first. Wanna see my site? I abandoned it fairly quickly, as it was just a test.

sign-of-the-dollar.blogspot.com

I would say: lose the books. Looks too busy.

You need a theme that is . . . hold on . . . . do you want me to give you any content tips?

Oh, I just got a call from our GP. We have to go back to the ER for another CAT scan - they want to use contrast dye.. Bye.

No worries on the time delay . . . I was in the ER yesterday from 2pm to 10pm, since Lucy^2 had taken a header off the kitchen floor last week (long story) - it turns out she had concussion after geting the results of her computer aided tomography scan. The repercussions of concussion is a possible subdural hematoma (don't ask me to spell that!) She wouldn't go to the hospitootle last week, but Monday night had a "Crtrl Alt Delete" episode, which scared her immensely. It was like dementia . . . freaky-deaky I must say.

I was on my iPhone while posting a reply to you, and it was at 15% and dropping fast. I dislike using iPhones for posting, since the results vary from what I want to say.

Oh, and I stepped on my Sony Vaio last weekend, so the screen has a 1 inch vertical light show down the centre. My back-up Vaio needs to be cloned, so I can keep going without a blip. I'm currently trying to use the right hemisphere of the screen, which is pretty funny to do.

Anyway, enough about my problems . . . .

Fudgebrace, you have a problem. Here's a screenshot snip of your site using JonDoFox (Firefox on meth.)

I think you have not programmed a header, which brings me to some irony ^^^

Hey, I used blogspot at first. Wanna see my site? I abandoned it fairly quickly, as it was just a test.

sign-of-the-dollar.blogspot.com

I would say: lose the books. Looks too busy.

You need a theme that is . . . hold on . . . . do you want me to give you any content tips?

Oh, I just got a call from our GP. We have to go back to the ER for another CAT scan - they want to use contrast dye.. Bye.

Oh God, I hope everythings okay ! I must say I enjoyed reading your reply, very...unique, I suppose !

Yes, I feared the blank space would not simply go away over night. I'll get to work on that header programming business ASAP.

Of course content tips or advice is vigorously welcomed! Thank you !
    Hope all is well in the "hospitootle".

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    Oh God, I hope everythings okay ! I must say I enjoyed reading your reply, very...unique, I suppose !

Yes, I feared the blank space would not simply go away over night. I'll get to work on that header programming business ASAP.

Of course content tips or advice is vigorously welcomed! Thank you !
    Hope all is well in the "hospitootle".

Good show - I'm glad you fixed your header. I'll get back to you on some tips later . . .

Last night was a wash . . . it took 4 hours to find out that if we had've been seen by a doctor earlier (within an hour of arrival,) she could have had the CAT scan with the contrast dye. The dye man/woman/men/women ends his/her/their shift at 7:30pm, so we are going back again at 8am (EDT US/Canada) today. My layman's diagnosis is she has a brain bruise (contusion?) causing a high ICP (intercranial pressure.) Possibly around 15-20 mm Hg in my view, judging by past experience from 1999 - mild and correctable with a drain or a diuretic.

This is leading to the magic that is happening on this site. It's not all waving wands and pulling rabbits out of a hat. It is real. That's why I liked Achilles' story - it was raw emotion, free of programmed memes. Maybe one day soon, I will expand on my thoughts on her story and hopefully we'll get THE ARENA kick started again.

Advertisement