Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Working for or interning with literary agency

• 10-09-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi guys,

Just hoping for a little advice here. I've just completed a Masters in Writing at NUIG and now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. I was wondering does anyone know how to get involved with a literary agency in Ireland, or do these agencies even take on interns? I think the experience would be helpful in my goal to work as an editor, or even a literary agent eventually. I am hoping to move to Cork soon, so an agency based there would be ideal. But maybe such work would be carried out online anyway? Thanks for any words of wisdom!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

You could try emailing some agencies that interest you? See if they offer internships or experience? I recently emailed penguin, inquiring about work experience but there was no reply, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Slang_Tang

I think publishers definitely take on interns -- in fact, I'd say it's quite common. I'd start by going through a list of Irish-based publishers, seeing which ones interest you and checking their websites. I'd imagine that your application would be unsolicited, so maybe going in person is better because then you're not just another faceless applicant. Also keep an eye on Arts Management Jobs.

Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭begsy

So I just happened to come across this post in my search to find information on the MA course. I've been accepted into the course for the coming year but am finding it difficult to find information on it. If you happen to have any information I would greatly appreciate it 😊

Advertisement