Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setting oil boiler CO2?

• 21-06-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi i was just worndering when setting up an oil boiler what should the CO2 be set at. I know your going to say, set it up to MI spec but i known one chap that servicing them and he said he would set them up to 10.8% CO2 no more than that. I presume changing weather conditions can effect the CO2 and then the boiler could soot up if the CO2 was set at say 11.5 to 12.5. can anyone please explain? Is there a rule of tumb?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

Are you Oftec Regestered?? if not i suggest you do the coarse, the Oftec label at least gives some indication that someone knows how to set up a burner and what the CO2 should be set at, even dependent on weather.

If you are Oftec registered and need advice, please feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dave12345

No not OFTEC regestered but i have completed the OFTEC 101/105e/600a course and i am a qualified plumber but what i am saying is on the course you set the boiler up to manufactures spec including the CO2 end of, but there is service engineers out there that are old school about it, true? and they will set the CO2 as stated above. For instance if i was servicing a firebird popular 90, the CO2 should be set at 11.5 but there is chaps out there that have there own views on setting the CO2 to say 10.8

I set the boiler up to MI spec but i know some chap who dont set it up to MI spec. Maybe its just the way they were taught years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

First set it up to MI. If there is a problem then try other avenues. I've installed 8 oil's over a year ago and have recently done the services, they are still fine no problems, They are all Grants, the firebirds seem to be a bit more finicky.

Advertisement