Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowling League

Options
  • 08-06-2010 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

Does anyone out there know how or where I could join a bowling league in Dublin? Love bowling and would like to get involved. Would anyone be interested in starting up a team for the love of the game and the social aspect of it?

Let me know:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Try Superdome in Palmerstown, they definitely do league bowling. Most Dublin bowlers do! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rachelc

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Try Superdome in Palmerstown, they definitely do league bowling. Most Dublin bowlers do! :)
    Thanks r3nu4l, very good of you to reply, will give them a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭you*ess*bee

Rachel,
    Ive been looking for a bowling league/team to join. Did you have any luck finding one? Id be interested in the blanchardstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

most of the leisure plex's have league's on alot of the week nights

TechnoPool is spot on, the bowler in Blanch have leagues, go to them, ask if there is a team short of a player and go from there :) If you are relatively new to bowling you should start with a handicap league rather than a scratch league as scratch leagues can be depressing if you get hammered every week :D

EDIT: There's a nerdy bowling pun in there, did anyone spot it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭you*ess*bee

Thanks for the help guys! I not new to bowling, but ive never been in a league either. Just like the 'sport', and would enjoy playing regularly with some other people. I'll check out blanch leisureplex for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Rachelc

Rachel,
    Ive been looking for a bowling league/team to join. Did you have any luck finding one? Id be interested in the blanchardstown area.

Hiya,

Sorry only getting back to you now was away on holidays, unfortunately I didnt find a team/League to join yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

Rachelc wrote: »
    Hiya,

Sorry only getting back to you now was away on holidays, unfortunately I didnt find a team/League to join yet :(
    This is probably a million miles from you but, we do a Business House League in Leisureplex Coolock that starts in September. Its a triples league. It needs more teams in it. So just in case your interested! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 marymc30

Rachelc wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone out there know how or where I could join a bowling league in Dublin? Love bowling and would like to get involved. Would anyone be interested in starting up a team for the love of the game and the social aspect of it?

Let me know:)
    Try Tallaght, they have leagues starting in Sept.

marymc30 wrote: »
    Try Tallaght, they have leagues starting in Sept.

Thanks for the heads-up marymc30, any more info? Are they singles, doubles, triples; scratch or handicap? How much per week? How many games? etc.

• Advertisement

I know there's a singles startin nxt wed, dbls on thurs...play 3 games and it costs €20, that includes prize money....:)

Thanks for the info! Wow €20 seems steep, is that normal now in Ireland? I pay £11.50 (~€14) for three games in my league :D

i'd like to know where u play for that price:D €20 if they dont increase it ths season...

marymc30 wrote: »
    i'd like to know where u play for that price:D €20 if they dont increase it ths season...

Bury Bowl, Bury St Edmunds :)

Our league starts on the 8th sept and it used to be 14euro for 3 games and prizes at the end. Now its gone down to 10euro for 2 games cause they said that the new people joining wouldnt handle 3 games. Also i think there is a 5000euro prize fund for this seasons Business House League that were in as Nestle Kitkat are sponsoring this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 razor1

Hi Irishmaster;where do you play in the businesshouse league good prizes.
    Ours starts in the Leisureplex Blanch on Monday at 7pm teams of 2 play 2 games and costs €10 each prizes haven't been great but heard there is sponsorship this year so might be better.Great fun nice crowd new teams welcome ring the plex for more details if anyone is interested

We play in Coolock Leisureplex. There werent that many teams in it the last 2 years but this year there are loads cause of the Nestle sponsorship i think. Prizes werent that good either. Top team gets trophies at the end and prize money in the form of coupons. 1st get 100 2nd 70 3rd 50. Then individual prizes for high games etc. I assume thats how they did it in other leisureplexes. The one in coolock has a million leagues in it. So dont know if the 5k prize fund is only for the business house league that were in or split between all the other leagues. We'll probably have to wear a kitkat shirt all league as they're sponsoring. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ste81

anyone still wanna set up a team??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funkyjoy77

ste81 wrote: »
    anyone still wanna set up a team??

I'd love to join a team, I'm close to blanch if anyone looking for an extra player!

Advertisement