Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roundup / Laurel Hedging

Options
  • 28-06-2011 7:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I planted laurel hedging about 5 months ago, the hedges are now about 2 feet tall, but there are lots and lots of weeds all around them.

Does anyone know if it would be okay to spray these weeds with Round up weed killer or will it affect or even kill the Laurel?

thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I always used Roundup to keep the area around new hedging clear and never had any problems. However use Gallup as it does the same thing and is generally half the price, which I wasn't aware of at the time I was using Roundup !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Squiggle wrote: »
    I always used Roundup to keep the area around new hedging clear and never had any problems. However use Gallup as it does the same thing and is generally half the price, which I wasn't aware of at the time I was using Roundup !!

Snap Squiggle just bought a 5L bottle of Gallup today and like u alway used Roundup. There is such a big price difference. OP I spray around my laurel and never have any problems.

Advertisement