Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help...I killed a rose bush!!!

Options
  • 08-05-2011 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Have a very overgrown rose bush, aprox 6 ft tall. Had to move it a few feet, so I dug it up, including a good 2 foot of earth containing the roots.

Re-planted it nearby, same type of soil, plenty of compost, well watered etc. Went away for a few days and upon returning all the leaves have wilted.... is it a gonner or can I rescue it.

Any advice appreciated!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Cut off most of the wilted leaves, water it well (couple of bucketsful) and hope for the best!
    Edit - if you had as much rain as we did the last couple of days, watering shouldn't be a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

I had a rose bush which our new dog dug up, brought into her kennel and chewed on for awhile before I discovered it. I trimmed it back and re-planted it, it didn't do great that year but the following year it was fine. In my experience it's pretty hard to kill a rose bush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Ophiopogon

Yeah give it a good hard prune so it puts it's energy into re establishing itself. As was said it won't look great this year but give it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭emptyshed

Just to update ye, cut the bush back...way back!!!

Lots of water for a week or so, then pretty much left it alone.

A total recovery, lots of new leaves, and a few uds emergingalready.

Thanks folks!!

Advertisement