Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixed charge fine for no car tax.

Options
  • 30-09-2010 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I friend of mine has received a fixed charge notice in the post in relation to having no car tax. The fine states that the offence was committed six weeks ago.

He bought the car in July and the notice for the offence was for August and he just received the notice today. The car he bought was taxed up to January of 2010.

I'm interested to know how he was detected. If a garda detected it, would he not have left a ticket or perhaps got the car towed away?
    He said that they were a lot of cameras in the area where he parked, so he's wondering could CCTV have picked up his outdated car disc or perhaps a traffic warden spotted it but again no ticket left on the car?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Gardai don't leave tickets on cars. They haven't done that in a number of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 speakinthethird

Hi Paulw, do ya know if the name of the Garda has to be on the Notice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nope. The name will not be on the notice. You will need to call the FCPS office in Thurles to get more info.

Advertisement