Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your biggest fear.

Options
  • 23-02-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭

So what is one thing that terrifies you? For me, its spiders. Big manly man that I am, I run when I see a spider.
    Don't know why either, just one of those things.

So what is your biggest fear? Rats? Cotton wool? Commitment? Leprosy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Sand paper, all my life I've been absolutely terrified of it. When I think of it I think of it being scrapped across my teeth.

I feel horrible now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Fúck! Me too. It absolutely has to be spiders. Or anything else that crawls. *shudder* Im absolutely terrified, but my Mammy says that doesn't make me any less of a man.

I can hardly look at them, never mind touch them, without completely frreaking out. Even just thinking of them now is making me paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

to be honest i dont realy have any fears or phobias as such but if i were to pick one and its a genuine one that one in 3 of us have to face, contracting some form of cancer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Death :(

Mine, not so much other people's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Sock Puppets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

I've always had this weird thing with pennies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

FunkZ wrote: »
    Sand paper, all my life I've been absolutely terrified of it. When I think of it I think of it being scrapped across my teeth.

I feel horrible now...

Oh wait I have another one, kinda related to this. I literally shudder when I think of the Jackass when Steve-O, i think, got paper cuts in between all his fingers. Oh god, its getting hard to type while thinking of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Styrofoam pieces being rubbed together. :/ *shiver down spine*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Red-Devil

im grand with spiders, im grand with everything really. except

MOTHS!!

I cant ****ing be anywhere near them, theyre ****ing discusting, im even terrified of butterflies. Moths and Butteflies their fluttering, imagine eating one? all the crunching ah!

Revolting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jay P wrote: »
    Oh wait I have another one, kinda related to this. I literally shudder when I think of the Jackass when Steve-O, i think, got paper cuts in between all his fingers. Oh god, its getting hard to type while thinking of this.

Ha I think I could just about manage that!

Another thing that freaks me out is the noise a yard brush makes when it's being swept over concrete with a bit of sand on it. Thinking about it gives me the exact same feeling that the sandpaper does.

*Shivers* :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Red-Devil wrote: »
    im grand with spiders, im grand with everything really. except

MOTHS!!

I cant ****ing be anywhere near them, theyre ****ing discusting, im even terrified of butterflies. Moths and Butteflies their fluttering, imagine eating one? all the crunching ah!

Revolting

Did you have to bring up the M word?

*Shudder*

Don't ever go to Majorca, they are the size of small birds. Worst two weeks ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 St Bunt

Creepy-Crawlies and dentists

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭_JOE_

My Death...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

Archeron wrote: »
    Cotton wool?

Ahhh. Get it away, it is the most horrible thing know to man :eek::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Mary Harney in a bikini.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Ruu wrote: »
    Styrofoam pieces being rubbed together. :/ *shiver down spine*

Lol

i worked with a guy who was the same! any time he'd be serving a customer id walk up behind him and rub 2 pieces of it together! very funny watching him try to not go insane in front of the customer!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Going Blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Slippery surfaces....omg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The perfect opportunity to push one of Boards's newest forums!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1032

LadyJ, you owe me a drink!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement