Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new Ross O Carroll Kelly book

Options
  • 09-09-2014 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

Anyone manage to get a copy? Tried several book stores in Dublin, none have received their stocks, one store reckoned while today was the official release date that a consignment must be delayed so it might be Thursday. Anyone find a copy or know more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MOD

Moved to Literature, please make yourself familiar with the Literature charter here

-KERSPLAT!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

No luck at Waterstones or that one on Grafton Street..

In the past, Eason are usually the first to jump the gun...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Release date is 11 Sept from what I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Release date is 11 Sept from what I read.

Release date was 9th on websites, confirmed by Easons but no book, websites are now saying 11th though :( wondering what country they are printed in ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭5p9arw38djv2b4

Also minorly sad at being moved to this forum, not certain this book can be classed as literature ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Was told in Easons that it's due out on 11th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Also minorly sad at being moved to this forum, not certain this book can be classed as literature ;)

Great literature might be more appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 linksrookie

Where was it originally?

Maybe it should go in Politics......

If anyone spots it for sale today, can you post here.. Heading away tomorrow morning and would love to bring it with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Meh, read The Miseducation Years a few years ago but it did nothing for me.

Anyway think I saw it at Easons in Maynooth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

got mine in Carlow today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Got it in eason's yesterday.

Finished it last night.

Kind of disappointed. I enjoyed it, but not as much as usual. Not as funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Got it in eason's yesterday.

Finished it last night.

Kind of disappointed. I enjoyed it, but not as much as usual. Not as funny.
    Have to agree. I felt it was a bit tired and formulaic (more than usual!). Maybe I'm growing out of the series??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

I'm about halfway through and enjoying it. I'm getting a giggle out of it anyway. For me, Honor has absolutely stolen the show over the last couple of books.

She will get her own series someday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Just finished it. I thought is was the best one compared to the last 2 or 3. Very funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

any idea when the new book is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

votecounts wrote: »
    any idea when the new book is out?

Usually seems to be second week in September. Just in time for my birthday ;)

I was looking around online and Amazon is saying 15th September

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I know of at least one third level English course where RO'C-K is studied as a comparative text, opposite Portrait of the Artist As a Young Man, both being considered something of the bildungsroman genre of story-telling. ;)

Advertisement