Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reward For Lost Wallet

• 30-01-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I got a taxi from Light nightclub in Blanchardstown at 11.45 to Coppers on Friday night (27/1/12) with 3 other lads. I was sitting in the front, took out my wallet to get cash and turned around to the others to get the rest. Just after I left the taxi I realised I'd left my wallet on the seat, but the taxi man had pulled away. While I was in the taxi I took down the drivers name and license number, I dunno if I can mention it on this site or not?! I've rang the gaurds and it hasn't been handed in. There was only €10 in it, but a lot of cards that I would love to be able to get back!

Has anyone any advice on what I could do?? The gaurds said they cant give me any details of the driver even though I have his name and license number and the Carriage Office was even less helpful. I have also rang all of the local taxi companies in the D15 area and they do not have the Driver in their books. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated!

Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Found this but it's not much help.

Surely if you have the license number, there is a database somewhere whereyou can retrieve his contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nially1

Found this but it's not much help.

Surely if you have the license number, there is a database somewhere whereyou can retrieve his contact details.

Thanks, thats what I was thinking but everywhere I seem to ring they say they can't help me!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Have you tried the Taxi Regulator? I gather they've taken over a lot of the admin stuff from the Carriage Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nially1

Yes, I called them and they said they are only a regulator and can't give out any details on drivers.. Or even tell me if the driver is with a company or anything at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Nially1 wrote: »
    Yes, I called them and they said they are only a regulator and can't give out any details on drivers.. Or even tell me if the driver is with a company or anything at all!

Call into a garda station and have the guards call the taxi regulator on your behalf and see if they can find out if he works for a company. Can't see why that little bit of info can't be given out?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 pinetree

I'm a taxi driver and don't know why they can't contact the driver for you, I've have been rang by the carriage office before looking for a woman's bag. They have all drivers phone numbers on file and should be able to ring the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

https://onlineregister.nationaltransport.ie/ This will give you his name but last guy was right the regulator would have his name number and should be able to ring to see has he got it
    Type in the badge number and his name comes up

Link wont work but click on the taxi website link and the the box "is taxi or driver properly licensed"

Advertisement