Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop on the blink

Options
  • 04-11-2008 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

My laptop keeps going into the safe mode menu everytime I switch it on. Then when I choose any of the options, ie: "select last known good configuration" or "safe mode "option, it begins to start up, restarts and goes straight back into the safe mode menu.
    Hope someonr can give me advice as its doing my head in. i reckon there will be a laptop going through the window one of these days soon........:)

thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

hmmm, strange one , might be a windows operating system problem,
    try this ???

http://www.askageek.com/2007/09/28/system-keeps-booting-into-safe-mode/

for future reference, give us the make model operating system and spec, cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Dracman

Cant do that because it goes straight into the safe mode screen when I switch on the power. i cant even get at the start button. When i pick an option it goes through a start up and then switchs itself off, starts up again and then straight back into safe mode screen...bloody pain in the a*se.
    Its a HP pavillion zv6000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Came across something similar last week on a dell laptop running vista business.

Handiest option to resolve it was a clean install of Vista.

See here http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2841505&SiteID=17

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

A clean install of the OS would probably sort you out. Is it XP or Vista? Do you have recovery disks?

how much would an operating system recovery disc cost , id be interested in having them myself also for those emergencies that pop up

• Advertisement

daftdave wrote: »
    how much would an operating system recovery disc cost , id be interested in having them myself also for those emergencies that pop up

bump - anyone know ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭carveone

daftdave wrote: »
    bump - anyone know ???

Well, in theory it should cost nothing. After all, MS mandate that every PC bundled with Windows provide some way of restoring the operating system. So if you have a Dell or HP or whatever, pester them to give you the CD.

Alternatively, I got my Dell CDs for a tenner from ebay. Dell refused to give me media for the laptop I bought off adverts.ie...

Advertisement