Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Universal Laptop Charger - What Voltage?

• 12-11-2008 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭

I need to replace a 19.5v laptop charger with a universal model.
    As there is no 19.5v output on the universal charger is it safe to use either 19v or 20v and which is more appropriate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

Sounds like you have a Dell laptop.If this is the case then Dell manufacture their power supplies for their own units,and if you use a universal charger I'm told that while it probably will work, it won't charge the battery.
    My Son had a problem with a Dell laptop charger a few weeks ago and I contacted them on spec really but it turned out that it was covered by the warranty and they posted me out a new one!
    You could do worse than to try their online service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

i had an issue with a dell charger also a good few weeks ago - covered by warranty - they had out to me within 24 hrs

Advertisement