Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When in work. . .

• 23-02-2008 5:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

So just wondering there while i was sitting around waiting to finish work reading my book!!! (working hard) What kind of things do you get up to at work that you shouldnt be doing and you know you shouldnt be doing but keep on doing it anyway?

P.S. Spending 7 out of your 8 hour working day on boards doesnt count :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

It very rarely happens in my work that we have quiet moments (hospital). But if it happens that we're quiet (can't remember the last time, it's been so long ago) we'll stand around chatting instead of finding ways to keep ourselves busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Sleep/w@nk/make long-distance phonecalls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Smoking.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think I watched two episodes of firefly yesterday in work. Maybe three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

sadly im on boards at work :(

or watching tv.
    or sleeping.
    or smoking.
    or eating.

i get paid to do nothing :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We don't get a chance to do anything except work, we have no internet access except for the companies own website... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

making online jigsaws was one of my favourites, used to get really annoyed if the phone rang, because i couldn't pause the timer, grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I pretend to clean the glasses. At least I used to untill a few weeks a go when I got into crap for slacking off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I don't work at the moment but I used to spend hours out the back on the phone when I worked in a craphole.

I spend hours browsing the internet and when my boss is'nt there I'll watch TV or a film or play Half Life 2 and the Witcher for hours on end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

You have a damn good job Darko!

I used to play Tetris and Solataire as well in the toilets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ww.jellyjumper.com

That and I'm trying to become like a rainman of ice-hockey stats.

FunkZ wrote: »
    You have a damn good job Darko!

I used to play Tetris and Solataire as well in the toilets!

I have an enjoyable job at times when my boss is'nt there, which is very rarely these days. I work in a music/phone store where once you do a quick tidy up there's not much to do bar serve customers. He seems to think that there is ample work to sustain me being busy all day and expects me to keep busy all day. I generally hid behind the counter and post on forum boards all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

We don't get a chance to do anything except work, we have no internet access except for the companies own website... :(

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Sitting for hours on end in a bullpen watchin crap and contimplating how to take over the world, waiting for the occasional beep on your caller to go and fix a tool,
    How many of you folks work in a BIG facility in Maynooth :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I used to read every single paper every Sunday morning that I had to work and would get annoyed when customers came in and disturbed me. One night I was so bored that I built a catapult like device that I used to launch paper and sweet missiles at all the scangers that annoyed me. Also I just ignored shoplifters and only gave out to them (not about the robbing just the method) if they were being too obvious and it was clear to the camera that I could see. My boss was true p**ck so I just didn't care, also for some of the shoplifters it would of been frankly dangerous to intervene.

Advertisement