Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16-year-old has triplets again!!

• 22-02-2008 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭

A 16-year-old girl has given birth to triplets for the second time in a case which has stunned doctors and caused outrage in Argentina.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The girl, named only as Pamela, had a second set of female triplets earlier this month after giving birth to her first set at the age of 15 in July 2006. She had her first child, a boy, when she was just 14.

All seven children were born prematurely but without any kind of fertility treatment. While doctors say the three newborns and their mother are well, the case has sparked debate across Argentina.

The girl, who turns 17 on Monday, and comes from the town of Leones in the province of Cordoba, has received help from local authorities, including the building of a house for the family on some donated land.

Pamela's mother, Magdalena, 49, who works as a cleaner to support her grandchildren, said: "When we knew that we would again have triplets we wanted to die. She has no job, the father of the triplets left and I am the sole breadwinner for her and her family."

The case has sparked debate across the Roman Catholic country, with the media saying rather than financial help, she should have received better sex education and birth control advice.

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Sausage down O'Connell Street

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,167 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

in another 18 years she can set up her own Burlesque house. Why fantasize for twins when you can have triplets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Xavi6 wrote: »

Legend...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Thats a lot of kids to feed :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

She told me she was 20! :eek:

*gets coat*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Tha Gopher wrote: »
    She told me she was 20! :eek:

*gets coat*

Feck it, it was your holidays man and it's probably legal over there! :cool:

FunkZ wrote: »
    Feck it, it was your holidays man and it's probably legal over there! :cool:

Indeed.

Maybe I will get a free house out of it like that poet lad from Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

If she was in Ireland she would get grand a year off government for each kid
    That amount of money is more than some people get on OAP or dole each year

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

LouOB wrote: »

Do you mean a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Thats not a bad investment...you could use the kids to farm too :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

A grrand a month? That's not very much. I don't think it would bring you very far with 7 kids anyway. Wow, 7 kids. That really is alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Jay P wrote: »
    A grrand a month? That's not very much. I don't think it would bring you very far with 7 kids anyway. Wow, 7 kids. That really is alot.

Seven grand a month wouldn't get you very far?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 chipclub

It is now €1100 a year per child for the first 5 years to go towards childcare costs.

Don't forget about the child benefits that are paid monthly until the chiuld is 16.

Currently 166 per month for each of the first two children and 203 per month for each subsequent child.

Triplets pay out at double the rate!

She would get:
    Child #1 166
    Child #2 332
    Child #3 - #7 406 each

Total per month = €2528 = €30336 per year!!!

Add in the 1100 lump-sum per child and she would get 38036 per year.

I believe she would also qualify for single-parent support which currently pays up to 197.80 per week. That's an extra 10285.60 on top of the 38036 child benefit.

Total income... €48321.60. Not too shabby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I think i would quit work and start having babies after this thread! That's more than Bertie's 38k pay rise :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

thats a lol if ever there was one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Sack - least favourites - river - sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And what about this woman with her 69 sprogs !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Your all absolutely insane if all your doing is concentratiing on the money she will recieve. 6 kids is a 24 hour job 7 days a week 12months a year. If you were to break it down it would probably work out at 2euro an hour (guestitmation). Thats alot of nappy changing, feeding, putting them to bed, waking up in the middle of the night to a crying child (they'd Probably all kick of once one started). If ones sick you have to bring them all with you to the doctor. How do you managed to wheel around 6 kids on your own. There never going to be quiet. They'll all start teething together which would be a complete and utter fcuking nightmare. You'll have to go shopping most days and how do you keep control of all of them at once and still manage the shop. Its a struggle even with one of them. Just wtf is she going to do.

I predict she'll have a mental, physical and emotional breakdown in 4 months. She is doing this on her own afterall and is still a child herself. No amount of money could cover me looking after 6 children. Maybe a million a year and id have a go at it. Nothing less though. If ever there was a case, as is being argued in britain for complusory birth control its this

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

chipclub wrote: »
    Total income... €48321.60. Not too shabby.

... and there would be no tax on that income either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

sell em to celebrities

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

c0rk3r's right. Having one kid as an adult can be hard enough, this is just insane. Poor girl - what a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I think i would quit work and start having babies after this thread! That's more than Bertie's 38k pay rise :)
    Ssssh! Kevin Myers is listening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

c0rk3r wrote: »
    Your all absolutely insane if all your doing is concentratiing on the money she will recieve. 6 kids is a 24 hour job 7 days a week 12months a year. If you were to break it down it would probably work out at 2euro an hour (guestitmation). Thats alot of nappy changing, feeding, putting them to bed, waking up in the middle of the night to a crying child (they'd Probably all kick of once one started). If ones sick you have to bring them all with you to the doctor. How do you managed to wheel around 6 kids on your own. There never going to be quiet. They'll all start teething together which would be a complete and utter fcuking nightmare. You'll have to go shopping most days and how do you keep control of all of them at once and still manage the shop. Its a struggle even with one of them. Just wtf is she going to do.

I predict she'll have a mental, physical and emotional breakdown in 4 months. She is doing this on her own afterall and is still a child herself. No amount of money could cover me looking after 6 children. Maybe a million a year and id have a go at it. Nothing less though. If ever there was a case, as is being argued in britain for complusory birth control its this

Couldn't have been that difficult, I mean she had 4 kids at 15 and still got time to get herself knocked up again. Stupid little slut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    Couldn't have been that difficult, I mean she had 4 kids at 15 and still got time to get herself knocked up again. Stupid little slut.

Very sympathetic :confused: She obviously doesn't know about birth control and even then accidents can happen. I know a girl who was on the pill and got pregnant after the first time with a guy. She had triplets and he legged it! I wouldn't be so smug :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

She obviously doesn't know about birth control

Why did she not think to find out how it was all happening after the fourth kid popped out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Xavi6 wrote: »

is_that_so wrote: »
    And what about this woman with her 69 sprogs !!

^
    :eek:

Sewing needle down the Grand Canyon there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Todoquetengo

Isn't this what they are saying in the article? No help or advice available? Maybe she doesn't know who to ask. She should have realised having sex again wasn't a good idea but my point was she shouldn't be called a slut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Yes, ignorant name calling will solve the problem, hurrah!

We should refuse to help all single parents and watch and mock as they live on the streets and point as their babies starve.

Also the jobless.

Helping people in need sucks. Much better to leave these people to rot.

Then again, its nice to have them around to make us feel good about ourselves.

Peared wrote: »
    Yes, ignorant name calling will solve the problem, hurrah!

And so will sympathetic rambling on an Irish message board?

This is worse than Maury Povich.

• Advertisement

Well a slut is apparently a girl who has a lot of sexual partners, not a girl who has a lot of babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Couldn't have been that difficult, I mean she had 4 kids at 15 and still got time to get herself knocked up again.
    How long do you imagine that actually took, assuming the father was in approximately the same age range? 60 seconds? Three minutes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

oh deary me

good old boards, havent had a laugh like this for a bit

How long do you imagine that actually took, assuming the father was in approximately the same age range? 60 seconds? Three minutes?

pfft, when I was 12 i lasted 3 hours in one bitch. Giggidy.

Im 22 now. Years of beer and drugs mean I cant even get an erection. pfft.........

pfft, when I was 12 i lasted 3 hours in one bitch.
    And then he released the elastic band?

And then he released the elastic band?

Iiiii....dont get it.....for the second time today in regards to an AH joke.

Either my brain is metling or AH is getting too l33t..........

• Advertisement

Iiiii....dont get it.....for the second time today in regards to an AH joke.

Either my brain is metling or AH is getting too l33t..........
    I suspect your brain is metling, especially given this post:
    Years of beer and drugs mean I cant even get an erection. pfft.........

Keep it on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Jaysus that is 3 fairly consequential f*cks.

I hope she came at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

No pics? wtf?

Kold wrote: »
    No pics? wtf?

LOL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement