Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I sat here for 20 minutes

• 19-02-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

.. while car after car .. light sequence after light sequence .. caused this mess. What would you do?

Me, the car in front and the car in front of him wanted to go straight through the roundabout. I felt like getting out and beating the living daylights out of each and every car blocking the whole roundabout. The bus just takes the biscuit.

Absolute joke. Big yellow box the whole way around the roundabout, does it mean nothing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

unfortunately in ireland drivers like to play "how many cars can we fit into this big yellow box" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Buses don't have to obey traffic laws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

haha , sorry to hear you were stuck in traffic , with the kids on mid term , driving to college has been really easy pity it won't last ,

and apparently Irish people seem to think the yellow boxes as parking spaces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

Random wrote: »
    does it mean nothing?

Yeah it does...it's to hold down the tarmac isn't it?

so annoying tho....experience it everyday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Random wrote: »
    What would you do?

Buy a motorcycle!
    Like the person in your photograph, then you don't have these problems :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭IIMII

That's the roundabout in Castleknock near St Bridget's? Pain in the ass, the sequence is brutal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Traffic light sequencing (or better still, removal) is one area where a little investment would make a big difference. The traffic Corps seem only interested in speeding and ignore other violations like this. Very non-Professional body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

IIMII wrote: »
    That's the roundabout in Castleknock near St Bridget's? Pain in the ass, the sequence is brutal

yes it is the roundabout in castleknock, the painted on one that everyone ignores. and yes the sequence is brutal

i wonder at what point is it considered acceptable to start beeping at people until they move from the place where they're illegally stopped. a yellow box shouldn't even be required there because all it's doing is confirming the already existing law that you're not allowed stop on a roundabout

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 john77

I see this sort of thing every morning on my way to work. Thankfully, i can get around it easily enough as i'm on a bike, but i've often thought it would drive me round the bend (!) if i was sitting in a car waiting for these g*bsh**ites to learn how to drive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Roundabouts = dumbest things ever.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

When was the last time the ad with Michael Angelo was shown ?

(showing my age here....)

Advertisement