Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Traffic updates? Where?

• 02-02-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

AA Roadwatch isn't loading and the traffic cams aren't loading either. I guess everyone has the same idea of checking them.

Anywhere else I can check the traffic / conditions update for the Naas Road and M50 on a semi-live basis?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭rx8

The traffic camera site eventually loaded for me but you can see feck all due to the snow..... Although the north side of the city doesn't seem to be as bad as the south side.
    Safe driving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Stay well away from the N7, it took two hours to make a 15 minute journey this evening. It's an absolute disaster - it's three lanes of parked cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

(I'm not in the traffic, someone else is.. I got home a short while ago after my long short journey!)

I was told the N7 inbound is empty coming onto it around the Baldonnel slip? Is there an accident further back near Naas or something holding traffic back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,551 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Apparently its taking people an extremely long time to get past Keatingspark due to the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Latest from AA Roadwatch - loading sporadically here:

Dublin - Major delays outbound on the N7 Naas Rd from the Red Cow interchange to J4 Rathcoole
    Updated: 02/02/2009 21:37:33
    Trucks cant get up the icy hill near The Poitin Stil.

Updated: 02/02/2009 21:03:05 AVOID THE N7 NAAS ROAD AND N4 LUCAN ROAD. ** Traffic is still at a standstill to the West of the city, especially on the N7 Naas Rd and N4 Lucan road- these have been prioritised by Gardai and gritters have been dispatched. Temperatures are already at freezing and roads are treacherous. Do not take any journeys in this area unless you absolutely have to. If you do go out, make sure you bring warm food and clothes and give yourself plenty of time for your journey. *MAIN TRAFFIC* * Severe delays on the N4 from Con Colbert road and St Johns Rd West to the Liffey Valley exit. Lucan village and the Strawberry Beds are very slow. Tinkers Hill should be avoided due to ice. * Major delays outbound on the N7 Naas Rd from the Long Mile Rd to J4 Rathcoole, as trucks cant get up the icy hill near The Poitin Stil. * Major congestion throughout Castleknock, Phoenix park and Blanchardstown. Long delays on the N3 bothways.
    * M50 northbound is still slow from J9 the Red Cow to J6 Blanchardstown and conditions are treacherous and there is restricted access to the off ramp at J7 Lucan. * M50 southbound traffic is busy from J3 the M1 to the old toll plaza and conditions are treacherous.
    *TRAVEL INFORMATION* * Due to the poor weather conditions the Dublin Bus 65 Bus route will now terminate at Citywest. * DART services have been suspended between Bray and Greystones in both directions due to a fall of rubble and earth near the tracks. This service is expected to be suspended for a number of days. Irish Rail evening services between Rosslare, Arklow and Gorey and Dublin, will operate as bus transfers. Check the Rail section of this website for further details. * There are numerous delays and cancellations into and out of Irish Airports this evening, especially coming from London Airports, so check with your airline before setting out.
    *M50 ROADWORKS* ALL LANE CLOSURES SCHEDULED FOR THE M50 TONIGHT HAVE BEEN CANCELLED. * The M50 southbound is now a three-lane carriageway between J5 Finglas and J6 Blanchardstown, which should help alleviate rush hour delays in the area. * On the M50 traffic is now divided in two between J13 Ballinteer and J14 Leopardstown in both directions. Southbound to exit at J14 stay in left lane. However, motorists continuing further on can use either lane. *ROADWORKS* The departures road, directly in front of Dublin Airport, is closed to facilitate essential works until 4am Thurs 5th Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Thanks for the copy / paste.

I'm told the Lucan offramp Northbound is closed at the moment for gritting. How the hell has this country only started gripping the roads proper now!

I guess he's stuck on the M50 anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

i know it has taken so far for my wife, 4 hours to get from the fox and geese ind est beside the mad cow to the junction of the m9.
    but on the m9 there is a crash between jeeps and a truck, also cars slipping down kilcullen slip road, back to the m9, the n78 is impassible, probable at the engineering works, as teh hill would be quite steep for this weather, ( engineering works is on the road to athy where the small yellow plane crashed on the road 1 or 2 years ago)

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 shayney

crazy getting out of dublin tonight. trucks couldnt make it up hill at poitin still resulting in traffic all the way back to city. not a gritter in site. disgracefull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

shayney wrote: »
    crazy getting out of dublin tonight. trucks couldnt make it up hill at poitin still resulting in traffic all the way back to city. not a gritter in site. disgracefull.

Yep. Disgraceful alright. Got the weather forecast earlier today and got out of town asap. By 4.30pm, Citywest was like lapland. Beat the worst of it on the N7.

This snow was very moderate by usual standards and as usual we ground to a halt. God ****ing help us if climate change actually effects things in realisable terms.

Advertisement