Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car alloys on a van.??

Options
  • 21-08-2014 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi I'm new here, but here goes I've bought 4 second hand car alloys today that fit my van, so happy as larry I'm off to the tyer shop to get them fitted & went away very disappointed as I was told car alloys should not be fitted on a van, has anyone done this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

What car and what van?

The issue here would be that the wheels may not be strong enough to deal with the loads imposed by a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Charlie 123

Chimaera wrote: »
    What car and what van?

The issue here would be that the wheels may not be strong enough to deal with the loads imposed by a van.

Hi there thanks for your reply, I'm told now that the wheels are strong enough but the tyres need to be van tyres, god forbid if I was to have an accident my insurance would be void because of car alloys on a van, so I'm off hubcap shopping (play it safe) thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Are the alloys the same size as your current wheels? If so it wouldn't be that expensive to have the tyres swapped over. Otherwise, hold onto the alloys until your current tyres are worn out and pop them on with new van tyres at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Charlie 123

Chimaera wrote: »
    Are the alloys the same size as your current wheels? If so it wouldn't be that expensive to have the tyres swapped over. Otherwise, hold onto the alloys until your current tyres are worn out and pop them on with new van tyres at that point.

Thanks I might just do that,

Advertisement