Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car radio with bluetooth?

Options
  • 13-12-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

Hi

This is my first time posting in this area of boards.ie so if my post needs to be in a different location can the mods please move it - thanks.

I am wondering if it is possible to get the following:

A car radio with the following features:
    --plays CDs plus has support for mp3s.
    --support for memory cards & usb.
    --bluetooth support (including builtin microphone in the radio) i.e. so you can pair your mobile with the radio and when you receive a call you hear the person on the car speakers plus they can hear you through the builtin microphone.

I know one can get various bluetooth devices etc but if anyone knows if the above is possible please reply. I could have swore that either LIDL or ALDI were selling these recently.

I believe all of the above is possible but I am not sure about the bluetooth part.

--laoisfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

btw I am of course going to Google this but thanks anyway for any and all replies!

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,388 ✭✭✭fletch

Sony's MEX-BT5000

Edit - Don't think it has support for memory cards or USB but you can get an ipod adaptor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

^^^^ just got one of these yesterday in halfords, €180. great stereo. bluetooth pairing is painless and quality is excellent. in case your interested, Check your phone specifications to see if it has A2DP Bluetooth, it means it can play music from your phone to the stereo wirelessly. but just for normal phone functions its also very good

noblestee wrote: »
    ^^^^ just got one of these yesterday in halfords, €180. great stereo. bluetooth pairing is painless and quality is excellent. in case your interested, Check your phone specifications to see if it has A2DP Bluetooth, it means it can play music from your phone to the stereo wirelessly. but just for normal phone functions its also very good
    Are you referring to the Mex BT-5000? If so, how did you only pay €180, Pixmania want €347 for it, here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

wow...quick replies....so i am not the only not working this morning ;) only kidding LOL

thanks for the quick replies....i have to say this has to be the quickest anyone has ever replied.

I will check out your suggestions.

Merry Christmas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭lynchie

fletch wrote: »
    Are you referring to the Mex BT-5000? If so, how did you only pay €180, Pixmania want €347 for it, here

Well I bought one in Halfords about 5 months ago and only paid €278 for it, so I guess its probably about 180 now..

great stero btw.. has everything the OP wants except a usb / mem card slot. It does have an aux in port at the back for an ipod. Only point I dislike is its lack of support for unicode based id3 tags on mp3s

fletch wrote: »

it was 270 marked down to 250 to 220 to 200 and finally to 180. absolutely great deal, no usb slot but ive got 4gb of music on my phone and use bluetooth to stream. Pixmania can have great prices but id always double check, some of them are off the chart

EDIT:!!woah woah woah.... sorry my mistake. its the mexBT2500, cant believe i read that wrong twice. pixmania want €155 for that one. damn. OP as i said tho, the 2500 is a great stereo too

Kool I might run down and pick one up and get my 15% off with Axa too :-) How long ago did you get it for €180?

bought it last sunday and it was still 180 when i got it fitted yesterday. I picked it up in the tallaght branch but id assume the price is the same in all halfords

That's a great price! My previous stereo is no longer picking up radio stations and I badly need bluetooth. Is the bluetooth functionality any good? Can people hear you when you ring etc? Can you use voice dialling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Purchased the one from Lidl last week, It has everything you mention Bluetooth connectivity, CD/ MP3 player, SD card slot, USB slot plus ipod compatible, 40W per channel and €119. Brand is Silver Crest but I installed it in my 19 year old Merc which is my second car runabout so not too fussed about the brand. It works perfectly so I have no complaints.

as far as i know any voice dialling is done thru your handset, and so is making calls and answering calls. havent read the manual yet but from messing around with it last night, when its fitted you pair your phone to it. then anytime you get in the car it will recognise your phone. if it rings, press answer on the phone (there may be a way to do it on the stereo tho) and you/they can hear eachother perfectly. you control the volume using the volume knob on the stereo. also the bluetooth streaming stereo audio is absolutely perfect, sounds great.

full info here http://www.xplodsony.com/article/Sony+MEX-BT2500

this is my last reply im afraid, im heading off on holidays in about 2 minutes so good luck with it!

noblestee wrote: »
    EDIT:!!woah woah woah.... sorry my mistake. its the mexBT2500, cant believe i read that wrong twice. pixmania want €155 for that one. damn. OP as i said tho, the 2500 is a great stereo too
    :( Thought it was too good to be true. anyways, what's the voice quality like on the 2500?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I've a Blaupunkt Hamburg MP57 the Bluetooth is pretty sweet on it the headset has the answer & hangup buttons think it was just over 200 euro on ebay but its a great stereo.

Advertisement