Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 15

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Just saw the new timetable for the 15s. Mighty impressive! If it works I'll never be waiting for a bus again in the cold! Halleluia! I'll give it a week or two to bed down and make judgement then. If I'm impressed Dublin Bus will get an email to say so. I've emailed them enough times with complaints!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Very happy with the new 74/A bus time tables :)

What?! They cancelled the 15c?! But that was the only reliable bus for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Myth wrote:
    What?! They cancelled the 15c?! But that was the only reliable bus for me!

The 74A operates over exactly the same route as the 15C as far as Ballyboden roundabout (except that it does not serve Eden Quay).

I'm beyond the roundabout. It's the 16 or 15b (new) for me. 15c was great because it was direct into town, the only slow up was at Rathfarnham Church. This is bypassed now, but it'll go all around the place before heading towards town. Plus I actually feel sorry for anyone who got the 15b before because it'll be full up before it hits Ballyroan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Heart

If I'm impressed Dublin Bus will get an email to say so. I've emailed them enough times with complaints!

Thats a good idea, if you are happy do let them know. I recently e-mailed them with a compliment and they said they were delighted to hear from happy customers, so if you are happy with the service in two weeks time do let them know.

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I make a point of it where and when I can and sometimes it pays dividends. I emailed B & Q re good customer service and mentioned I had been after a cheap garden shed that had been unavailable when I went to get it. They emailed me back to say they would keep one for me and voila one happy customer and one more profitable store!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Myth wrote:
    I'm beyond the roundabout. It's the 16 or 15b (new) for me. 15c was great because it was direct into town, the only slow up was at Rathfarnham Church. This is bypassed now, but it'll go all around the place before heading towards town. Plus I actually feel sorry for anyone who got the 15b before because it'll be full up before it hits Ballyroan.

This is the one downside of the new schedules.

I seriously think that this is a retrograde step, and that at the very least the existing peak hour 15c trips should have been maintained as the new 15b service will take an extra 10-15 minutes in rush hour.

I would certainly complain to Dublin Bus in Ringsend about this as it is a retrograde step. The only consolation I guess is that it is possible to walk up Fortification Hill now to the 16.

As for the 15b being full, some might be, but with both the 74A and far more 15b buses from Whitechurch than there were 15c buses it should be ok.

Advertisement