Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Éireann Fares

Options
  • 28-09-2007 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭

What's going on with the Bus Eireann fares?

I hadn't used the bus in about a year so I rang up Bus Eireann to see what the cost of an adult day return from Dunshaughlin to Dublin was, I was told that it was €8.20.

I checked that online and it said it would be €6.40.

When I actually got on the bus the fare was....€7.10.

What the hell is going on? Do these people have absolutely no organisational skills whatsoever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

GDM wrote:

I hadn't used the bus in about a year so I rang up Bus Eireann to see what the cost of an adult day return from Dunshaughlin to Dublin was, I was told that it was €8.20.

What the hell is going on? Do these people have absolutely no organisational skills whatsoever?

online fares are discounted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Fair enough but that still doesn't explain why I was given a different price over the phone to the one I paid on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

it's the moon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

well i can tell you its now €9.70 from Navan to Dublin, thats what I paid the other day.
    Dont do it too often thank god! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

GDM wrote:
    Fair enough but that still doesn't explain why I was given a different price over the phone to the one I paid on the day.

On the phone you were given the monthly return fare, €8.20 not the day return fare which is €7.10.

All internet fares have a 10% discount applied.

• Advertisement

So the person on the phone was a moron then (or more likely couldn't give a $#!T€) because I asked for the day return price.

What's the cost of a student return?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

GDM wrote:

We're talking about a state owned monopoly which has no incentive whatsoever to provide a better service to the ordinary punter here.
    Is it really that surprising that they can't even get the most basic of basic things right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

GDM wrote:
    So the person on the phone was a moron then (or more likely couldn't give a $#!T€) because I asked for the day return price.

What's the cost of a student return?

€7.80

for all the fares shown by the online purchasing system divide by 9, multiply by 10 to get the regular fare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 FIONAXXXX

John R wrote:
    €7.80

for all the fares shown by the online purchasing system divide by 9, multiply by 10 to get the regular fare.

The prices of the buses are only a minor issue i think, the problem i have with them is waiting i was once waiting nearly an hour for a bus it does my head in def wen they say the buses are ment to come every 15mins in the city. ahahah...

I find the delay handy in one way, generally the bus I get in the morning is always delayed by the same amount of time every morning so I get an extra five or ten minutes at home.

• Advertisement
Advertisement