Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manhunt 2

Options
  • 22-06-2007 10:25am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Looks to me that the only way folk are going to play Manhunt 2 in its unadulterated state is to await it's inevitable release within the P2P networks.

Could wind up the best reason yet for adults to modify their Wii's, of course it also means that any underage gamer will have unlimited access to the game too, which could also wind up being the best reason yet for parents and guardians to...

PAY PROPER ATTENTION TO WHAT THEIR KIDS ARE PLAYING AND STOP BLAMING THE DEVELOPERS AND PUBLISHERS FOR THE PARENTS OWN IGNORANCE!!!!!!

Or something like that anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

eh
    isnt it still being released in eastern europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,539 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

At the moment with the Adults Only rating in the U.S, it doesn't look like it's going to be released at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm definitely getting my Wii chipped, not for Manhunt though, I'm just fed up of waiting forever for games to be released here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, they seem to have introduced some but of code, originally probably an oddity in some NTSC code, and its rendered a lot of scene releases from NTSC territories unplayable on PAL machines, even chipped and region unlocked. Still won't prevent folk from copying PAL titles but will prevent leakage of Jap or US titles reaching our shores.
    Thing us, they are their own worst enemy, with games like SuperPaperMario available, in english over in the US for the last couple of months, European gamers with nothing to get their teeth into since completing Zelda should be forgiven for giving into temptation and having their consoles modded.

But then, its still piracy, its still stealing and probably results in countless execs doing without a 3rd BMW, for shame, FOR SHAME!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't see how it is piracy or stealing when you BUY the game from another region. Is this not some kind of anti-competitive thing, where they are basically holding us ransom, that we HAVE to buy from where they tell us to buy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's only a Global Market when it suits them.

Advertisement