Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Locosexuals

• 16-05-2006 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

There's a few on IRN doing it but even there its half hearted.

But hasn't it been moving and beautiful to watch. Like Brokeback Mountain with anoraks and notebooks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

But hasn't it been moving and beautiful to watch. Like Brokeback Mountain with anoraks and notebooks.

Jealous tommy? Considering how much you go on about trainspotters it is the logical conclusion. Did they spurn your advances one cold morning on Limerick Junction platform 2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,709 ✭✭✭jd

But wasn't Tommy once a trainspotter. There is nothing more puritanical thab a reformed sinner!

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ie/narrow_gauge/pix.html

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ie/car/IE/pix.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,490 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ok, I can understand the frustration, but can people tone back the harsh language.

And leave Thomas alone, he's not one of them trainspotters, he's a locosexual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

jd wrote:
    But wasn't Tommy once a trainspotter. There is nothing more puritanical thab a reformed sinner!

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ie/narrow_gauge/pix.html

http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/ie/car/IE/pix.html

OHMYGOD!!!!

I feel like JD in Scrubs after discovering that Dr Cox was a fraud all along!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he's from Ballymun and all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Transport21 Fan

Yikes even I had forgotton about that. I feel like like Fr Micheal Cleary without the cabret singing.

There is obviously a trainspotter/CIE union/homosexual/catholic clergy/MI5 plot out to get me. However, I have been exposed. Fair cop. But I swear I have changed since then. I only take pictures of metros, subways now.

I swear to god I never had an anorak and notebook. Oh wait, I did.

Bye all and good luck.

• Advertisement

I only take pictures of metros, subways now.

Actually, i have some rather intersting photos of "trains" entering and leaving "tunnels", and some of "locomotives" with their "engine covers" off, if you're interested.

In some of them, you can see the, erm, exhaust..............

........and some steamers as well..................

he's gone..
    he foretold his exposure- he had that signature a few days ago!!:eek:
    Post No. 333 will be my final post to this boards.ie

and he with 333 posts...................... that's half of 666!!!

You dont think...................

that

by tomorrow if he gets into an argument with someone who backs the train drivers that he'll get up to 666???

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

He'll be back, with ID number 4. They're always back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Actually, i have some rather intersting photos of "trains" entering and leaving "tunnels", and some of "locomotives" with their "engine covers" off, if you're interested.

In some of them, you can see the, erm, exhaust..............

........and some steamers as well..................

You are a strange, strange boy. :D

• Advertisement

Paul.........................

would you like to see my train set?

It's a HORNby..............

paulm17781 wrote:
    You are a strange, strange boy. :D

Tom and himself are getting married..

He'll be back, with ID number 4. They're always back.

How do you know it hasnt already?

:cool: :cool:

jd wrote:
    Tom and himself are getting married..

Aah diddums. You can't beat him or Thomas S in this argument so you call them both gay. Tell me, are you 8? If not you have some growing up to do.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Aah diddums. You can't beat him or Thomas S in this argument so you call them both gay. Tell me, are you 8? If not you have some growing up to do.

I didn't start the fetishtic tone here...:)
    Bit older than 8-and abit older than you too sonny boy :p..

jd wrote:
    I didn't start the fetishtic tone here...:)
    Bit older than 8-and abit older than you too sonnie boy..

Mummy mummy he started it! As I said, if you're older than 8 act it.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Mummy mummy he started it! As I said, if you're older than 8 act it.
    Gee- you are an awful pompous pr**ck. The comment was a bit silly, but get off your high horse.

jd wrote:
    Gee- you are an awful pompous pr**ck. The comment was a bit silly, but get off your high horse.

Point proven. You lose an argument, you insult someone.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Point proven. You lose an argument, you insult someone.
    Sorry Paul- you started the insults here.
    Tell me, are you 8? If not you have some growing up to do.
    And as for arguing -"You can't beat him or Thomas S in this argument so you call them both gay"

I can't see where i was arguing with them..

JD and Paul, you are very naughty boys!

I see you in my room.................

• Advertisement

jd wrote:
    Sorry Paul- you started the insults here.

Read: I'm telling mummy you started it. :rolleyes:
    And as for arguing -"You can't beat him or Thomas S in this argument so you call them both gay"

I can't see where i was arguing with them..

Excellent point, I take it back that you were childish now. :rolleyes:

Paul- this is nonsensical. I make a post which is rather silly (as are a few posts in this thread) and you insult me. If you had said the post was rather silly I would have agreed , and removed it. However to accuse me of being childish, and having some "growing up to do" on the basis of 5 or so words is rather silly.

Now that is more like an adult.

I did not insult you, I asked are you 8 as calling someone who disagrees with your ideology gay is childish.

When it was pointed out to you that this is childish, you said they started it. When it was pointed out that this was childish, you decided to resort to insults. Only two more times of being told how childish this was and you posted an intelligent reply, which still implies this is someone else's fault but that is not the point.

The question is, in future debates will you actually discuss things with people or just insult them when you have nothing intelligent to say?

I'm off before my sexuallity gets challenged. I'll leave the rest to you.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Now that is more like an adult.

I did not insult you, I asked are you 8 as calling someone who disagrees with your ideology gay is childish.

When it was pointed out to you that this is childish, you said they started it. When it was pointed out that this was childish, you decided to resort to insults. Only two more times of being told how childish this was and you posted an intelligent reply, which still implies this is someone else's fault but that is not the point.

The question is, in future debates will you actually discuss things with people or just insult them when you have nothing intelligent to say?

I'm off before my sexuallity gets challenged. I'll leave the rest to you.

oK pAUL-I have been around the block a few times so the patronising tone is a bit much.
    Look back over the thread - the comment I made had nothing to do with anybody's ideology (I don't know how you inferred this, nor can I see where my ideology was mentioned) - it stemmed from a joke about trainspotters and developed from there.
    I doubt any rational person could think that I implied either Benny or Tom are gay (not that I'd care whether they are or not) .

And as for discussing things with people-I have done plenty of it on boards.

Fiar enough. You keep arguing rather than just admitting you made a mistake, that says it all to me. I'm tired of this so I'll only reply to you if you direct a comment to me.

paulm17781 wrote:
    Fiar enough. You keep arguing rather than just admitting you made a mistake, that says it all to me. I'm tired of this so I'll only reply to you if you direct a comment to me.
    Paul
    Paul, I already agreed the comment was a bit silly. The motives you attributed to me had no basis in fact nor could ber inferred from what I had written.

You're right, you weren't arguing with them. They just happen to be the two who were most vocally anti-CIE union and you happened to pick them. I mistook this for motive.

The funny this was you still had a go at me for arguing with you, which was my original accusation.

paulm17781 wrote:
    You're right, you weren't arguing with them. They just happen to be the two who were most vocally anti-CIE union and you happened to pick them. I mistook this for motive.

The funny this was you still had a go at me for arguing with you, which was my original accusation.

Paul,
    I have no problem with anybody arguing with me, and never have-it keeps life interesting. I was annoyed with the ad hominem reply, and ok the retort was a bit over the top, but so was your original responde.
    I guess Victor will split these posts off to the Thunderdome anyways...

ad hominem

Now you're just using dirty talk!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

Mod - Delete from message 13 onwards..

Let's have a proper debate on loco lovers without insults and in the interests of good fun..

T21 fan - respond... Nothing wrong with trains at all - some day I hope to see a real one in Navan (that carries passengers)!

Actually NJ, instead of deleating he gave us a thread!!!!

So, nj, are you grade seperated or double tracked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Navan Junction

So, nj, are you grade seperated or double tracked?
    Well, if you read between the lines you will see I'm loco-motionally disfunctional, with off track tendencies and affected by acute infrastructure deficiency and showing mild symptoms of repetitive announcements strain.

I have not however reached the 74 mile point yet...!

I have to say the start of this thread was very entertaining..

And you your eminence?

Well, I branch off a lot, wear lots of white and somehow find the words "de deitrich" filty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭SeanW

Question: why is this stickied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Metrobest

I've never read such a load of nonsense in my life. Why is the thread stickied? It's not ironic, it's just stupid.

Transport 21 Fan must please return to the forum, even if under a new pseudonym. His contributions of late have been insightful, hilarious, and frequently both. His departure is regretted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Metrobest wrote:
    I've never read such a load of nonsense in my life. Why is the thread stickied? It's not ironic, it's just stupid.

Transport 21 Fan must please return to the forum, even if under a new pseudonym. His contributions of late have been insightful, hilarious, and frequently both. His departure is regretted. :)
    hear hear......i frequently disagreed with 21 but always enjoyed his posts.....

Paul and I sorted out our misunderstanding off thread. This sticky serves no purpose..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Why on earth was this stickyed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭tklemonade

Stickied? Might be because the "lock" and "sticky" option are close together....

It could be a mistake!

Well, I've gone all sticky, if that's any help.....................

............and now you all hate it, it has given me un-natural acceleration!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭craigybagel

Sorry to drag all this up again but i just found this and couldnt resist............
    http://www.railchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1081

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭SeanW

>_< And here was me thinking this whole miserable excuse for a debate had become "life-expired" Oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i wonder how many people have had sex on the dart?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

i wonder how many people have had sex on the dart?

Obviously no locosexuals have - they're all virgins :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Was there a character in Thomas the Tank Engine called George.

I reckon hes got some locosexual fans, I guess you could call them steamers.

We already had Steamers, Dermo, have to do better than that.

Yes, some of us have actually coupled in real life, bendi.

Actully, o/t (there's a topic?!!!) Has anyone here actually listened to an episode of Thomas the Tank? They all hate each other, and they always row!!!

Very realistic.

Advertisement