Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Inspiron 1318

Options
  • 24-01-2009 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Does anybody know when this will be available in the Republic of Ireland? I really, really want a good, cheap 13.3" laptop, and this is absolutely perfect. It's currently for sale on the UK Dell website for £399.

Secondly, does anybody know how I'd go about getting one? I'm thinking of getting it sent to a mail forwarding company in the UK, or getting a refurbished one on ebay. Any other options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 detriment

detriment wrote: »
    Does anybody know when this will be available in the Republic of Ireland? I really, really want a good, cheap 13.3" laptop, and this is absolutely perfect. It's currently for sale on the UK Dell website for £399.

Secondly, does anybody know how I'd go about getting one? I'm thinking of getting it sent to a mail forwarding company in the UK, or getting a refurbished one on ebay. Any other options?

This laptop has just gone on sale on Dell's website for €649. Now, even accepting a different VAT rate, slightly more expensive transport costs etc. how can they justify a differential of €220 between the price in the UK and the price in Ireland? Not to mention the fact that the Inspiron 1545 has just gone on sale and costs €529, while costing €429 in every other euro zone country.

Everything money-related about this country stinks to high heaven.

Advertisement