Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon Fire Stick Launch Sale Tomorrow Morning [Amazon]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,108 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Can anyone tell me if the WWE network app is available on this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭robcon

Can anyone tell me if the WWE network app is available on this ?

Just had a look on Amazon.com and it will deliver the app to my fire tv stick so looks like it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

I see it offers BBC I player which is great but obv cos it will pick up that I'm using it in Ireland is it possible to get it to work. I use Halo for my laptop but for the fire stick is there anything?

Joziburg wrote: »
    I see it offers BBC I player which is great but obv cos it will pick up that I'm using it in Ireland is it possible to get it to work. I use Halo for my laptop but for the fire stick is there anything?

Unotelly.

Signed up after I got mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Used to use unotelly but I just use usaccess now its only $20 for the year. It doesn#t support as many sites as unotelly and theres no region switching but it has all the channels I needed.

https://accounts.usaccess.ca/plugin/order/main/index/reddit

http://kb.usaccess.ca/?p=10

Another option is smartdns proxy, if you sign up for their 14 day trial and don't pay at the end they will send you an offer after a few days for $19.99 per year or $34.90 for 2 years.
    https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

moodrater wrote: »
    Used to use unotelly but I just use usaccess now its only $20 for the year. It doesn#t support as many sites as unotelly and theres no region switching but it has all the channels I needed.

https://accounts.usaccess.ca/plugin/order/main/index/reddit

http://kb.usaccess.ca/?p=10

Another option is smartdns proxy, if you sign up for their 14 day trial and don't pay at the end they will send you an offer after a few days for $19.99 per year or $34.90 for 2 years.
    https://www.smartdnsproxy.com/

Why did you change from unotelly?

Because it was more than twice the price at renewal and usaccess had everything I needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Are these cheaper alternatives to unblock.us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Not as cheap as some but Torguard have a deal for half price if you input this code - TGLifetime50.works out as $30, but you can connect up to 5 devices with the basic deal. if you need more just select extra viscosity licenses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

can this access network shares (smb) if kodi is side loaded?

• Advertisement

Yep well worth it.

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Loaded up kodi but things on kodi are constantly buffering. Is this an issue for anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Loaded up kodi but things on kodi are constantly buffering. Is this an issue for anyone else?

Nope. One is right next to the router, adn the other in the kitchen were my pi used to buffer, wifi on the stick is better than the adapter I had for my pi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

Ste- wrote: »
    Nope. One is right next to the router, adn the other in the kitchen were my pi used to buffer, wifi on the stick is better than the adapter I had for my pi.

Might give it a go in the TV beside the router and see how I get on. If I sorted the buffering I'd use it over the chromecast no contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Might give it a go in the TV beside the router and see how I get on. If I sorted the buffering I'd use it over the chromecast no contest.

Check your internet speed through the total installer addon

link to you tube tutorial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Ordered the Fire stick only I missed on the fact that its out of stock until the 9th June!! Damnit.

Do they ever come back in earlier?

This is for the fire tv but the advancedsettings buffer settings are similar for fire tv stick.

" 1080p MKV playback without buffering issues …
    It can happen that playback of a 1080p MKV file can show buffering problems … if this happens to your setup, then consider pushing a modified configuration file (using adbfire) to you Amazon Fire TV and restart Kodi.
    I always recommend a WIRED network (Ethernet) over a WiFi network, for best perfomance, and YES it makes a difference.
    I also recommend using a SMB (Samba / Windows Network) share over a DLNA or PLEX video source (streaming sucks).
    Anyhow … First we need to create a “advancedsettings.xml” plain text file, for example in Notepad (Windows), TextWrangler (Mac) or Nano (Linux/Mac), with the following content:

<advancedsettings>
    <network>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <cachemembuffersize>20971520</cachemembuffersize>
    <readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
    </network>
    </advancedsettings>

See Kodi Wiki – Modifying the Video Cache, if you’d like to know more about the suggested config.
    If you already uploaded an “advancedsettings.xml” file before, then this action would overwrite the existing one. Instead of creating a new file, add these lines to the one you previously uploaded instead and push that file instead.
    Next step is to start AdbFire and Connect to your Amazon Fire TV.
    From the “Push/Pull/Delete Files” dropdown list, select “userdata“, click “Push” and select the “advancedsettings.xml” file you just created and click “Open“.
    Once the file has been uploaded, click “Disconnect” and restart Kodi."

http://www.tweaking4all.com/home-theatre/xbmc/kodi-on-amazon-fire-tv/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 markiid

Its 29 euro on amazon.de atm but cant seem to purchase it from there with an irish address. I get this message when I try,

"Fire TV Stick unfortunately can not be sent to the selected address . To purchase a Kindle , you can visit the Kindle product detail page on Amazon.co.uk . More information regarding the international availability of our equipment and digital content can be found on our help pages "

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

markiid wrote: »
    Its 29 euro on amazon.de atm but cant seem to purchase it from there with an irish address. I get this message when I try,

"Fire TV Stick unfortunately can not be sent to the selected address . To purchase a Kindle , you can visit the Kindle product detail page on Amazon.co.uk . More information regarding the international availability of our equipment and digital content can be found on our help pages "

You could use http://mailboxde.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Can you do much with this in Ireland or is it very region locked to UK IP addresses only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I have an mxiii and an mk808b plus. Was thinking of using one of these and sideloading kodi. Has anyone got one of the regular android boxes to compare how it runs? I am aware of the dual core / quad core difference. Cheers

brightkane wrote: »
    I have an mxiii and an mk808b plus. Was thinking of using one of these and sideloading kodi. Has anyone got one of the regular android boxes to compare how it runs? I am aware of the dual core / quad core difference. Cheers

Doubt it would be an improvement on the mk808b plus with finless rom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone reckon I would pick one of these up in store in a Tesco or Argos in the UK next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Anyone reckon I would pick one of these up in store in a Tesco or Argos in the UK next week?

Argos UK have them for £25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Tinie wrote: »
    Can you do much with this in Ireland or is it very region locked to UK IP addresses only?

I don't think it's region locked (although some apps are) but I really just use it for Plex and Kodi. Worth having it for those two alone but I don't think I'd have been happy to pay full price. I got mine for £19.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Stryderman wrote: »
    You could use http://mailboxde.com/

Has anyone here used this service before, if yes how did you find them. How much would this cost to post here if postage to Germany is free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Kolido wrote: »
    Has anyone here used this service before, if yes how did you find them. How much would this cost to post here if postage to Germany is free?

Prices are on their website and are very easy to find!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They're not available in Germany until 8th of June.
    I was ordering one for a friend of mine who lives there, last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

prices gone back up to £35 on .co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mrincredible

Got myself one of these for 25 stirling (and parcel motel.) Really impressed with the netflix functionality and planning to side load kodi.. but I can't access any of the prime content. I'm a prime member and can access on my laptop (using a DNS or vpn) but have tried setting up DNS on this and the bloody thing keeps bringing up "Video unavailable... Error Code: License_error' - so I'm assuming thats the geo block. I've tried a few different DNS sites - but no joy - anyone care to help me out on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Got myself one of these for 25 stirling (and parcel motel.) Really impressed with the netflix functionality and planning to side load kodi.. but I can't access any of the prime content. I'm a prime member and can access on my laptop (using a DNS or vpn) but have tried setting up DNS on this and the bloody thing keeps bringing up "Video unavailable... Error Code: License_error' - so I'm assuming thats the geo block. I've tried a few different DNS sites - but no joy - anyone care to help me out on this?

Experiencing the same myself. The only problem is it used to work flawlessly for me and suddenly stopped. Tried everything including resets, new device, new account, different DNS services, factory resets and clearing app data. Still no joy. If anyone has an idea, it would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

try blocking google dns on your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I use kodi on mine and it works great, especially if u set up for direct boot into kodi, even missus can work it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

TheDriver wrote: »
    I use kodi on mine and it works great, especially if u set up for direct boot into kodi, even missus can work it

I have 2 of them both running kodi quite nicely. Was it tricky setting up the direct boot to the home page?

Simples to do, just google it. You must download an app from amazon and the adbfire overrides it with kodi. Its not boot straight to it but rather it runs Kodi automatically once it gets to main amazon screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Simples to do, just google it. You must download an app from amazon and the adbfire overrides it with kodi. Its not boot straight to it but rather it runs Kodi automatically once it gets to main amazon screen.

All done , cheers for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Kodi app now available from appstore in amazon - you can download to another device (it says it's not compatible with aftv/fore stick but once you've synced your purchases and/or deregistered/reregistered your device then it appears in your list of recent apps rather than going the slightly more convoluted llama/sacrificial app, you still need to sideload Kodi mind you but it gets past the relative hassle of llama...

robbe wrote: »
    Kodi app now available from appstore in amazon - you can download to another device (it says it's not compatible with aftv/fore stick but once you've synced your purchases and/or deregistered/reregistered your device then it appears in your list of recent apps rather than going the slightly more convoluted llama/sacrificial app, you still need to sideload Kodi mind you but it gets past the relative hassle of llama...
    SPMC works much better for me. Just use Aptoide to install it. Wukong remote on an android phone works as launcher, app manager, keyboard, mouse and remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭breeno

Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing one of these sticks. It's up to 35 sterling now which would be about 51 euro Inc parcel motel from Amazon UK. Are there any cheaper ways to get it at present? Any stores on the border stock it or any other European amazon's work out any better? All help appreciated!

I ordered 2 of them from Amazon Germany last week for 30eu each and postage with mailboxde.com worked out at 13eu for both. Haven't actually received them yet though, expecting them any day now.
    Think they are back up to 39eu on Amazon Germany now though, they might be on sale again if you hold out.

• Advertisement

Just got Sky Go working on it.

Uploaded the APK file to it using ADBFire and then used an Android remote app to login, a bit clunky but once logged in its not too bad. Def better than other streaming options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads setting up one of these for my Dad I stuck TVMC on it and Mobdro any other good apps worth side loading?

Don't think we can say it on thread? Google best kodi addons and you'll have your answer.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lads setting up one of these for my Dad I stuck TVMC on it and Mobdro any other good apps worth side loading?

PM sent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

breeno wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm interested in purchasing one of these sticks. It's up to 35 sterling now which would be about 51 euro Inc parcel motel from Amazon UK. Are there any cheaper ways to get it at present? Any stores on the border stock it or any other European amazon's work out any better? All help appreciated!

Argos uk sell it metinx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,022 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Don't think we can say it on thread? Google best kodi addons and you'll have your answer.....

No outside of Kodi I'm talking about TVMC is a modified version of Kodi it's actually in the Amazon App Store so you can tie it to the side loaded app and it appears on the home screen.

No outside of Kodi I'm talking about TVMC is a modified version of Kodi it's actually in the Amazon App Store so you can tie it to the side loaded app and it appears on the home screen.

You can put kodi on the home screen also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Have one ordered for 19£ since Prime day and is now ready to dispatch. No longer need it so will give it away to the first person to message me for the 19£. I will get it sent to your parcelmotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Joo0 wrote: »
    Have one ordered for 19£ since Prime day and is now ready to dispatch. No longer need it so will give it away to the first person to message me for the 19£. I will get it sent to your parcelmotel
    pmd you there, I'll take that please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Joo0

Sorry it's gone

• Advertisement
Advertisement