Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XPS M1710 Motherboard repair...

Options
  • 27-01-2009 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I have a dell xps M1710 laptop that died on me just before christmas. I Have a brand new power supply and 2 batteries but there is absolutely no life in it. Its out of warranty over a year and a replacement board is roughly 300euros. I was working on it one day and It just powered off and wont come back on, no lights are coming up (even the charge indication light) and there was no liquid spilt on it. Ive resat the memory, CPU etc etc but no joy. I dropped it into my local computer shop (max burns) and they said the motherboard is banjo'd. Ive read up about them a bit and it seems they tend to suffer badly with overheating from the GPU, especially if you leave them on your lap a lot, which i did.

So Im looking to see if anyone here knows a motherboard technician who uses an old fashioned multi meter and soldering iron that would take a look at it for me and save me a few quid before I go out and buy a brand new M/B. They seem to be as rare as hens teeth these days as most components are expendible but if any boardsies knows someobdy i would be extremely grateful, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I could have a gander if your in kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Cheers mate but im in Dublin. I may have a fella that will have a look at it

Advertisement