Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco taking vouchers

Options
  • 05-03-2015 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Does Tesco still take vouchers from other stores. Remember when Aldi had the 10e off when you spend 50e, they could be used in Tesco also SuperValu vouchers could be used but that was before Xmas.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭alanbk

L1011 wrote: »
    Yes.

Yes they will take the vouchers BUT only one. I had 3 x €10 vouchers from Dunne's and when I presented them for redemption in Tesco, they would only accept one voucher per shop. Just a heads up for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

The way I get around that is I buy a tesco card or top up my old one, buy 50 euro voucher, present competitor coupon, then pay for my shopping with the tesco card, and present another coupon,

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just a heads up more LIDL €10 off €50 spend vouchers on Sunday in the Sunday World/Independent that can be used in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

alanbk wrote: »
    Yes they will take the vouchers BUT only one. I had 3 x €10 vouchers from Dunne's and when I presented them for redemption in Tesco, they would only accept one voucher per shop. Just a heads up for all.
    So were you buying over €150 worth and tried to use 3 vouchers? In which case they might have let you put €50 through, pay and use a voucher and do the rest, without having to go back into the shop or a different till. I often see people splitting shopping into 2, presumable to get different receipts for work or housemates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

rubadub wrote: »
    So were you buying over €150 worth and tried to use 3 vouchers? In which case they might have let you put €50 through, pay and use a voucher and do the rest, without having to go back into the shop or a different till. I often see people splitting shopping into 2, presumable to get different receipts for work or housemates.

Yes, Tesco will let you split the shop in two. What I've also done before is buy the Sunday Independent with the Lidl €10 off voucher in the same transaction as I use the voucher in :). It's a no brainer if you're spending more than €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Mo60

Are Tesco still accepting Lidl vouchers? Current Tesco ads are not showing that they are accepting other shops vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mo60 wrote: »
    Are Tesco still accepting Lidl vouchers?
    I used one on saturday no problem.

It was an €10 off €50 aldi voucher from the sun (€1)

Advertisement