Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which one would you go for?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

I would go for the second one! With i5 CPU
    AMD CPU's are pron to overheat creating VGA issues

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So you have a thing for Samsungs?
    I notice that one is 13 inch and the other 15. Is mobility a factor?
    The amd is smaller and a lot lighter (its very sleek and more in line with an ultrabook) but the a6 processor really is poor in comparison to a brand new 3rd generation i5. I personally wouldnt touch anything below an a8 (roughly comparable to an i3) but even then I'd be hard pressed.
    If mobility is an issue, the 15 inch with the i5 will be a lot bigger and heavier but is a great machine. (Its a good 1kg heavier)
    If you are stuck with buying from a bricks and mortar store, its not the worst machine going.
    Personally, if I was as loved up with Samsung as you appear to be, I'd get what appears to be the same spec with just a smaller hard drive 500GB instead of 750GB for 449.99 http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5088711/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7COffice%2C+PCs+and+phones%7C14418968/c_2/3%7C19780850%7CLaptops+and+netbooks%7C14419039/c_3/4%7Ccat_14419039%7CLaptops%7C14419040.htm and use the extra €150 to upgrade the hard drive to a solid state drive (which should reduce the weight a little).
    Otherwise, I'd get the Asus k56ca in argos that everyone else on here bought before Christmas. Its 539 and is a tidy little 15 inch machine.

Advertisement