Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenshots and screen recording

Options
  • 10-01-2013 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Hi, I don't know if I'm in the right forum or not but I got a new Toshiba laptop. It's a satellite 855 I think that's the name.

When I try to make a screenshot on the laptop it won't work. How do I do this?
    Also which screen recorder is the best for using? I am looking at Cam Studio but I don't know if its any good? Anyone know of any free screen recording equipment?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I found cam studio was fine for recording action on the screen along with audio commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

If you mean screenshot as in taking a picture of the screen you just press the print screen button on your keyboard, then paste the image into paint or something like that and save.

If your using windows 8 you can press the windows key(I think) and print screen and it automatically saves the image for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Traditional Stone Crafts

Regarding screen shot, in some laptops in order to use Print Screen button you have to switch the keybord using function button "fn". try this and then follow darren's instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Another way to take a screenshot is to open the Snipping Tool and pick 'Full-screen Snip' from the drop-down menu, then save the captured file.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭sonnky

Regarding screen shot, in some laptops in order to use Print Screen button you have to switch the keybord using function button "fn". try this and then follow darren's instructions.

Thanks a million! This is how you do it! Thanks to everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Traditional Stone Crafts

sonnky wrote: »
    Thanks a million! This is how you do it! Thanks to everyone!

My pleasure sonnky

Advertisement