Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop screen problem

Options
  • 07-01-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes..

Bought a laptop for the missus and about 4 months ago we had the "bleeding" screen. Rang up and was told it wasn't covered by the warranty and so had to pay 200 euro for a replacement. The missus said that nothing had bashed it and I believe her as she's very careful around it.

We went away for Xmas this year and, upon our return, we found that the replacement screen had the same problem - it was fine before we went away. Now I don't want to fork out another 200 as it was definitely fine when we left. Is this a problem with the laptop or can anyone offer any other reason why 2 screens have failed?

Thanks for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you take a photo of the screen with the laptop turned on and post it here ? Might help to see the problem before advice is given.

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

cmssjone wrote: »
    Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but here goes..

Bought a laptop for the missus and about 4 months ago we had the "bleeding" screen. Rang up and was told it wasn't covered by the warranty and so had to pay 200 euro for a replacement. The missus said that nothing had bashed it and I believe her as she's very careful around it.

We went away for Xmas this year and, upon our return, we found that the replacement screen had the same problem - it was fine before we went away. Now I don't want to fork out another 200 as it was definitely fine when we left. Is this a problem with the laptop or can anyone offer any other reason why 2 screens have failed?

Thanks for any replies

if it got marks like ink on it some peolpe call it bleeding its cracked . Is there someone lifting the laptop up by the screen ?. There is shag all give in the screens and they crack very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

ZENER wrote: »
    Can you take a photo of the screen with the laptop turned on and post it here ? Might help to see the problem before advice is given.

Ken

Thanks Ken,

I'll do that when I get back from work. Strange thing is that I started it up again today, the screen went all mental and then when I logged in the screen went perfect and clear. Seems like there could be a screen connection issue but I'm no expert!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

Just an update for those of you guys who were kind enough to answer.

Bought the bullet and took the laptop into the computer repair shop we used the last time and they said that they would look at it for me. Turned out there was nothing wrong with the screen (as in it hadn't cracked) but there was internal damage elsewhere. As it was still under warranty, they fixed this damage and game me a brand new screen as well.

Happy days!

Advertisement