Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Recurring Problem With Laptops

Options
  • 11-01-2013 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up for people repairing a year old or more laptop...

I have just finished repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to forward this information in regards to any over-heating you might find in your laptop as this is the 4th laptop when disassembled that shows a big clump of solidified fluff and dust accumulation stopping the fan from in-taking cool air and of which causes over-heating and shuts down said laptop... Pics below of the lump that caused the over-heating on a HP G56 laptop...best quality i could get.

If you come across this problem of the laptop over-heating and the laptop is getting too hot and the laptop is over a year old or more then this is the most likely cause, and always check this as it will save you time, and more importantly "money" you need to get inside the guts of the laptop and unscrew the 4 screws on the fan to get inside and then you will see this lump of blockage.

Pictures below of the large rectangle-shaped solid bit of fluff and dust that has solidified hard within the fan itself facing the heat-sink grate. So if you have an over-heating laptop make sure this is the first thing to look at as it's a big problem especially with laptops that are a year old or more.

Hope it helps for someone and saves you time.

SolidBlockOfHardFluff.jpg

FanWhereBlockOfFluffAccumulated.jpg

HP g56 laptop service manual if needed... pdf... click on "Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide" http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodClassId=-1&contentType=SupportManual&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=4247525#2

Comments

Advertisement