Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Trouble

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I've been having a problem starting my car for the last couple of weeks (99 Xsara). So I took it to the dealer to have it serviced (it was nearly due anyway) and got the front brakes done also while in there. They informed me that one of the spark plugs was loose so hence the trouble starting the car.

But since then the problem is still there and I have now replaced the battery with no joy.

Basically the car will not start unless I press my foot to the floor after turning the key, when before it would just start by turning the ignition key and without pressing the accelerator.

Any mechanics out there with any adice on this as I have no confidence in the Citroen dealer.

Is it air is the fuel line or something like that since it needs the accelerator pressed to get it going.

Advertisement