Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One page website

Options
  • 22-11-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hello,

I am looking at developing a one page website site. I purchased the domain name through register365.ie

Can I purchase a one page website from wordpress?
    http://www.wordpressthemes.com/themes/unite-by-themeforest/

Once this template has been purchased how do I host the site on register365?

Have never used register365 do they have a good reputation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

how do I host the site on register365?

Have never used register365 do they have a good reputation?
    Please note that we do not allow discussion or support with hosting companies on boards.ie. If you need assistance with how-to's, please contact Hosting 365s official support channels.

I would also be loath to using Wordpress for a simple, single page site - especially if the contents never change. Doing so leaves you in a position where you need to keep updating the software and checking to ensure that it is working correctly to close security holes that may get discovered in the version you install.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Speculator

Thanks Aidan,

Can anybody recommend where I could get a DIY one page website. I'm a total novice at website design.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Serif web plus starter edition. Free and site templates for I think up to 5 pages. Upgrade to full version later for about €30-40 if you need more. Lots of wysiwyg going on but actually not bad end product. Good for newbie.

Advertisement