Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex and new partner meeting, how bad?

Options
  • 12-05-2008 2:06pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the flood of Ex's threads on PI at the moment.

Have you and your new partner bumped into an ex and things went horribly wrong??

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple..

My current Gf met my (most serious) ex after about 6 months. We were at a party for a mutual friend. We broke up badly so hasnt spoken in about 3 years. It was my first time seeing her since then.. with the guy she left me for (its ok I was happy to be rid!). So myself the and GF walk in and straightaway me and the ex make eye contact. We were standing near the bar when the ex came over to order a drink and so from the whole bar she picked the spot nearest me and the Gf. Then for the next while the proceeded to throw dirty looks at each other. Later on me and the Gf were on the not very crowded dancefloor where the ex proceeded to keep ass bumping my Gf until she turned around and told her in front of everyone was that the real reason we broke up is "because your fat ass kept getting in the way" .... tears angry scenes... all very funny!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Had something similar, cept i ended both relations on good terms but the newer of the two couldn't handle that. So when i went for a night out with the new gf, the old one came up to have a chat (hadn't seen her in weeks and still pretty good friends). New gf decided to get my attention to the best of her drunken ability by trying to be as seductive as possible with her dancing. she fell over. Hardest thing in my life was not to laugh then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

My current boyfriend and I only have one significant ex each, and there's never been any problems. My ex and I broke up pretty messily (my bad), and aren't particularly close, though capable of being civil. When my boyfriend met him (along with most of my other secondary school friends) he latched on to the poor bastard for the night and spent the whole night whispering with him in the corner, looking over at me and pointing and laughing at regular intervals. He gets too much entertainment from annoying me honestly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My current boyfriend and I only have one significant ex each, and there's never been any problems. My ex and I broke up pretty messily (my bad), and aren't particularly close, though capable of being civil. When my boyfriend met him (along with most of my other secondary school friends) he latched on to the poor bastard for the night and spent the whole night whispering with him in the corner, looking over at me and pointing and laughing at regular intervals. He gets too much entertainment from annoying me honestly

I was the same with one of the g/fs school boyfriends so about 8 years before we started going on. Before we went out she was like "my ex is gonna be there..." she looked really worried. The poor girl couldnt get my attention for the night myself and her ex had a great craic and there was a bit of winding up also :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

the ex proceeded to keep ass bumping my Gf until she turned around and told her in front of everyone was that the real reason we broke up is "because your fat ass kept getting in the way" .... tears angry scenes... all very funny!
    Lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

All my exs are rotting in the Dublin Mountains I've no idea what my ex's are up to these days, never spot them around town or on nights out so I don't really have to worry about it. However, if there was a run in, it'd go badly anyway because any time I've broken up with someone, it hasn't went down well.

I hope to not run into my GFs exs, purely because I'm so disgusted at how they treated her I'd be inclined to have a go at one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

rb_ie wrote: »
    All my exs are rotting in the Dublin Mountains

Mine are rotting on the Cooley peninsula :(

Advertisement