Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marijuana March tomorrow.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

Varkov wrote: »
    I am completely against marijuana. My cousin, once, he smokes a "spliff" and he laughed himself to death!

I did that once. But let me tell you, it was no laughing matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

Ah maaaaaaaaaaan. I just woke up. I, like, tooooootally missed the march, maaaaaan. Dude, I got the munchies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I think I read somebody in here call it a hobby.

If smoking a weed is a hobby then how come people tell me that eating crisps isn't a hobby!? The bastards.

Don't really see why anybody would be so committed, don't see much point to it either. Besides if we legalised it then all of our tourists would be stoners like Harold and Kumar, which wasn't a very good film. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Sominking marijuana isnt baaaaaaaaaad, mmmkay.

Its no worse than alchohol really, it will be legalized someday, prohibition wont last forever. But really its so easy to get in this country it doesnt really matter anyway. :D

I could probably guarantee that if we replaced every pub in the country with a cafe that sold weed we'd see a dramatic decrease in violent crime... and a sudden increase in the snack food industry!

robby^5 wrote: »
    Its no worse than alchohol really
    I've fought Dr. Alcohol on my many crime fighting adventures but he isn't nearly as evil as the illegal drugs doctor guys. Prof. Cocaine murders puppies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

who want to see it legalized for Medical users mainly, it has been tested in differant countrys and they seem happy with the way it's working,
    Stop trying to legitamise weed useage using medicine as an excuse.

You want to legalise it to smoke and get high. Nothing wrong with that just hate when people pretend otherwise.

Davidius wrote: »
    I've fought Dr. Alcohol on my many crime fighting adventures but he isn't nearly as evil as the illegal drugs doctor guys. Prof. Cocaine murders puppies.

Your confused about your nemisis good sir, Cocaine and Marijuana are two very different things.
    Phaetonman wrote: »

You want to legalise it to smoke and get high. Nothing wrong with that just hate when people pretend otherwise.

Speaking frome experience, people can benefit from medicinal marijuana, it is a valid point, although I doubt everyone ta the protest just wants that legalized and would probably want it further legalized.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I saw the youtube videos of last year. Needless to say, I wont be attending.
    Irishcrx wrote: »
    I don't do drugs never will the likes of E, acid, coke, heroin is a differant issue altogether seperating them from Marijuana is the first step.
    No it's fúcking not. This is what písses me off about dumbass stoners. You think that weed is this harmless, wonderful substance with no downside to it and that other drugs are totally different to it. Firstly, you do do drugs if you do weed and alcohol. And secondly, what evidence do you have to say that weed is so less harmful than E, acid, coke etc. that it should be legalised and they shouldn't? As far as I'm concerned, weed is no more or less harmful than any other commonly used recreational drug. Just because you can't overdose on it doesn't mean it's inherently less harmful than any other drug.

All that said, drugs fascinate me and I read about them constantly and take them on occasion. I do believe in their legalisation, but not the exclusive legalisation of weed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

I don't do drugs never will the likes of E, acid, coke, heroin is a differant issue altogether seperating them from Marijuana is the first step.
    That's rubbish.

I'm a big drug user and I've done pretty much everything bar heroin. The only time I ever freaked out on drugs was with two space cakes and I had to get medical attention for it.
    And acid is one of the safest drugs around probably more so than weed which causes lung cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Has anyone died from drinking too much alcohol? Yes. Can the same be said about weed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Phaetonman wrote: »

Was just thinking that myself,,,thats all the excuses I hear,,,its not for medicamal (sp?) reasons people are marching,,its for their own self interest. Each to his own though, if ya wanna smoke, go ahead but stop using people with serious life illnesses as a reason for it to be legalised just so yes can get the munchies.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Well surely if the argument exists in the first place that marijuana has medicinal benefits then it should be also put forward :confused: - regardless of the fact that the individuals involved in the march smoke it for other reasons?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    I saw the youtube videos of last year. Needless to say, I wont be attending.

No it's fúcking not. This is what písses me off about dumbass stoners. You think that weed is this harmless, wonderful substance with no downside to it and that other drugs are totally different to it. Firstly, you do do drugs if you do weed and alcohol. And secondly, what evidence do you have to say that weed is so less harmful than E, acid, coke etc. that it should be legalised and they shouldn't? As far as I'm concerned, weed is no more or less harmful than any other commonly used recreational drug. Just because you can't overdose on it doesn't mean it's inherently less harmful than any other drug.

All that said, drugs fascinate me and I read about them constantly and take them on occasion. I do believe in their legalisation, but not the exclusive legalisation of weed.

Cannabis is a drug just like E coke Acid etc. but your wrong to say that weed is no more or less harmful then any other commonly used recreational drug.

Have a look a someone who's been snorting coke for years and compare that to someone that's been smoking cannabis for years and tell me that they are the same.

Why would goverments class drugs if all drugs had equal effects and just had different highs?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Irishcrx wrote: »
    It happened last year and we had a great turnout and atmosphere, no not many nackers at it mainly people who are serious about the issue , who want to see it legalized for Medical users mainly.

I love how you state "medical use mainly" (my emphasis), even given the fact that most, if not all, of the people attending the march won't seek it for medical use, but recreational.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't smoke, but I also don't see anything wrong with the occasional toke. If fags and beer is legal, hash should be too. I've never seen a stoner break up the kentucky on a saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

JC 2K3 wrote: »

And secondly, what evidence do you have to say that weed is so less harmful than E, acid, coke etc. that it should be legalised and they shouldn't?

Well, I don't have any links to medical trials, but I think it's pretty reasonable to say that marijuana is a whole lot safer than many other drugs. As you said, it's very difficult to overdose on it. The effects wear off in an hour (unlike LSD or magic mushrooms, say), and it doesn't put strain on the heart the way many stimulants do.

Marijuana is far less harmful than cocaine, E, acid, heroin etc but is in itself potentially harmful if taken frequently. Most people I have known that smoke frequently are less ambitious/driven and tend basically to give less of a sh*t about life in general. That said, I see nothing wrong with it in moderation as with anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I personally know someone who died from having half an E tab. We all know someone who died as a result of smoking or drink.

Deaths related to cannbis are very rare. Excessive use of it is like excessive use of anything. I know a person who drinks nothing but coke(coca cola), and it affects his personality. He is wired all the time. He is like someone on speed, and this affects his relationships and his job. Should coke(cola) be made illegal?

I see no reason to be completely opposed to legalization of marijuana other than the gateway drug hypothesis, which is sort of worrying, the idea that since marijuana's high isnt that strong for some people, it leads them to try stronger much more dangerous drugs instead.

Also, before anyone says it NO marijuana is not addictive, however as with anything people can get pyschologically addicted to it.

There is no doubt in my mind that someday we'll see marijuana legalized in the same fashion as alchohol, it being leagalzied for medicial use is the first step, because it shows that it has a positive aspect to it and will probably change peoples opinions on the matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Jeez i wish there was a forum where this could be discussed in a non mindnumbing manner

Hmmm...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055202432

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Treating medical depression with weed?

I hear chewing uranium is good for treating cancer as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Most people I have known that smoke frequently are less ambitious/driven and tend basically to give less of a sh*t about life in general.
    Most people I know like this were like this before they started smoing weed.

=-=

It's less harmfull than tabacco, but cause more harm, as weed burns at a higher temperature, and also when inhaled it's mainly held in the lungs longer.

=-=

I support it going legal, but only for people over 21.

syklops wrote: »
    I personally know someone who died from having half an E tab. We all know someone who died as a result of smoking or drink.

Deaths related to cannbis are very rare. Excessive use of it is like excessive use of anything. I know a person who drinks nothing but coke(coca cola), and it affects his personality. He is wired all the time. He is like someone on speed, and this affects his relationships and his job. Should coke(cola) be made illegal?

Ecstasy deaths are pretty damn rare, too (unless you read the red-tops). You sure it was really ecstasy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

syklops wrote: »
    Deaths related to cannbis are very rare

can you provide an example???

Auvers wrote: »
    can you provide an example???

An example of someone not dying? That's probably not too tough.

Here's one of about seventeen million quotes, if you're still interested:

"In strict medical terms marijuana is far safer than many foods we commonly consume. For example, eating 10 raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death. Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care."

Source: US Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Agency, "In the Matter of Marijuana Rescheduling Petition," [Docket #86-22], (September 6, 1988), p. 57

the_syco wrote: »

Good point actually!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Fremen wrote: »
    Ecstasy deaths are pretty damn rare, too (unless you read the red-tops). You sure it was really ecstasy?

Yes I am.

http://archives.tcm.ie/thekingdom/2003/10/09/story10973.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

the_syco wrote: »

+1, tis a genuinely accurate observation.

• Advertisement

robby^5 wrote: »
    Your confused about your nemisis good sir, Cocaine and Marijuana are two very different things.
    Marijuana is his door troll and occasionally foreign minister. Diplomatic immunity makes him quite the foe.

Advertisement