Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marijuana March tomorrow.

Options
  • 09-05-2008 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

For anybody who wants to come support the cause, We are meeting in the garden of rememberance tomorrow at 2.30 PM , Parnell square. Bring banners, flags anything you can get your hands on, hoping for a good turnout and good support. Maybe even convince some people to support us.

Thanks guy's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Gardaì alerted. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Down with this sorta thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Aye - I despise smoking so I'd naturally despise Marijuana...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

A whole load of stoners gathering in one place. It'll be like Dawn of the Dead with them all ambling about like drunken zombies. Boo to your proposal. Drugs are bad!

*Musicians should still smoke Mary Jane as it makes for good music.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well you can eat it in cakes. Don't have to smoke it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I'm not against smoking or drugs, each to his own is how I see it. But none of you could actually think that protesting against this law will actually contribute to getting the law lifted. You're all wasting your Saturday walking around town. No matter how many people show up, you're going to have no effect at all. The law against drugs is here to stay, it doesn't matter that there is such a difference between marijuana and cocaine, so that argument is a load of balls too.
    Duggy747 wrote:
    Gardaì alerted.

I don't know if this is sarcasm, but why call Gardai? Theres been no crime?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Damn I hope you stoners are not planning on walking anywhere? At the speed you dopers move when stoned it could take all feckin day just to get down O Connell street..... Hippies grrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Well there's less chance of it happening if we do nothing, do you think we'd have ever got the republic back if everyone had an attitude like yours. Didn't think so.

Notorious wrote:
    I don't know if this is sarcasm, but why call Gardai? Theres been no crime?

Have you tried turning your sarcasm detector on & off? That might get it going again. :p
    irishcrx wrote:
    do you think we'd have ever got the republic back if everyone had an attitude like yours. Didn't think so.

I think our independance was a wee bit more important than some smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Oh man this is great, I'm going to rent a hot dog machine and follow you feckers around. I'll be minting it by noon!

• Advertisement

Agreed not even in the same ball park but same idea, anyway guy's I don't want a debate just letting people know if they have an interest in helping out, if not that's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'd lauugh if they searched ya's

have fun anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Have you tried turning your sarcasm detector on & off? That might get it going again. :p

I think our independance was a wee bit more important than some smoke.

Haha sorry, I thought it might be, but you just never know with some of the people out there.

Independence is one thing, drugs are a completely different ball game. And there is the whole notable difference that a large portion of the nation won't be backing you. The whole "Drugs are bad" stance has already won. My attitude is a sensible one. Good luck to the lot of you anyway... you better hope its not raining :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Well there's less chance of it happening if we do nothing, do you think we'd have ever got the republic back if everyone had an attitude like yours. Didn't think so.

Yeah but most often they were for better causes than this... so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think these protest marches are a waste of time. Dublin streets get so many of them for different causes I'd assume the Dubs are immune to them. There is much more to Ireland than Dublin too why do they always have to take place up there?

Local communities spread across the country organising their own entertainment and club meetings would go allot further and guarantee good numbers in support.

And you'd really need to give the details out closer to the event who plans a hole day in advance?!

Oh man this is great, I'm going to rent a hot dog machine and follow you feckers around. I'll be minting it by noon!
    I'd imagine there's a few dealers thinking something similar :D

Fight to legalise marijuana=fight for independence. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

From my experience of stoners, not one of you will show up where you're supposed to......and several will show up in the following days looking for free weed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Irishcrx wrote: »
    For anybody who wants to come support the cause, We are meeting in the garden of rememberance tomorrow at 2.30 PM , Parnell square. Bring banners, flags anything you can get your hands on, hoping for a good turnout and good support. Maybe even convince some people to support us.

Thanks guy's.

For da bhoys who wants to come an support da cause of baitin da **** into the hippi's, We are meeting in da big gardin of rememberance tomorrow at 2.25 PM , not the big posh wan with da lake, da other wan near Berties gaf. Bring pipes, knifes anything you can get your hands on, hoping for a good turnout and good support. Maybe even convince some people to support our troubles of keeping these hippi's down.

S'later lads.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I think these protest marches are a waste of time. Dublin streets get so many of them for different causes I'd assume the Dubs are immune to them. There is much more to Ireland than Dublin too why do they always have to take place up there?

Local communities spread across the country organising their own entertainment and club meetings would go allot further and guarantee good numbers in support.

And you'd really need to give the details out closer to the event who plans a hole day in advance?!

+1 Flip off down the country with yer stoner ways. :D

In all seriousness though, I can't see this achieving anything. But fair play to you for standing up for what you believe in. I wonder though, will many people want to risk their boss seeing their face in the paper/on tv at the head of a pro drugs rally??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

RedXIV wrote: »
    From my experience of stoners, not one of you will show up where you're supposed to......and several will show up in the following days looking for free weed :D
    Exactly. I traveled all the way to Dublin for one of these a few years ago, on the feckin train. No one showed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

there are posters for this event around town with a marijuana leaf as it emblem so i think gardai intelligence might be aware of this event.

I also noticed a new head shop in town ( near hardwicke street ) .

there seem to be loads of these places in dublin now .

I'm suprised that there is such a demand for them.

perhaps these shops could sponsor the stroll tommorow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Blisterman wrote: »
    Well you can eat it in cakes. Don't have to smoke it.

Anytime I'm promised cake, i have to fight my way though different levels with more challenges...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Not going to happen, they're way too lazy. Stoners line of thinking:

Yeh lets go to this march! All i have to do is get up, get washed brush my teeth, get dress........f*ck it, where's the skins

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I'll have me hash flag and super size cone spliff at the ready for 4:20.

Surely this thing will have tons of knackers at it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭cheridere

Lucky duffys newsagent just put an emergency call to tayto and cadburys for extra stock

It'll probably be a bunch of stoners protesting for 5 minutes, then they get talking to each other about the different types of hash & weed they have, types of skins they have, and eventually swap numbers or do a few deals with each other.

Tis' a conspiracy I tells ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Free samples?

It happened last year and we had a great turnout and atmosphere, no not many nackers at it mainly people who are serious about the issue , who want to see it legalized for Medical users mainly, it has been tested in differant countrys and they seem happy with the way it's working, California being a prime example so times are changing, people are changing, attitudes are changing. It's so easy to shoot it down as just a drug and stoners are lazy but the truth is there the people all around you, friends , family I have a interest in it as a hobby, I work hard all week , I pay my bills , i work out, i enjoy my life i'm not lazy and no it has not rotted my mind in any way and I will support it because I believe in it. I don't do drugs never will the likes of E, acid, coke, heroin is a differant issue altogether seperating them from Marijuana is the first step.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Whyner

Jeez man, lots of silly comments in this thread. Some of you sound like you'd be surprised if you discovered some people work and smoke.

Best of Luck Irishcrx - Hope it goes well.

• Advertisement

Whyner wrote: »
    Some of you sound like you'd be surprised if you discovered some people work and smoke.

:eek:

Advertisement