Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shoes

• 22-01-2013 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭

I can never get this right, I want to get a pair of shoes and ease out out of the boots next month I do this every year. I want a pair of shoes that you can wear under jeans and ones you can were socks with, not totally flat and not a high heel, leather, comfortable and smartish... if possible under 75 euro.

any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Do you mean something like an ankle boot? Oasis have some nice ones in their current collection with various size heels or wedges. Zara also has some nice boots.

If you want to wear socks I personally wouldn't wear any shoe that is open at the front like ballet pumps. I know some people will wear socks with them but I really don't think it looks good!

For more casual wear you could wear Converse. I love my high tops with jeans :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,615 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

That is the exact issue I want the shoes high enough at the front so that you do not see the sock but I do not want boots again maybe there is something that is between a shoe and a boot.

I got some lovely shoes in a sale in hoobs in London at the weekend they are a high heel patent leather lace up shoe very classic and sexy but a little too high for ever day wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

What about brogue type shoes? http://www.shoeshop.ie/product/hamble_oak I have shoes like this for work, they work fine with tights or socks and trousers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Brogue shoes or even Chelsea boots are the way to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I think these from Oasis are gorgeous and could be worn with jeans or skirts/dresses. They're both €85.

6750014309.jpg

6750012911.jpg

I've seen a similar boot in Aldo to the second one with a slightly lower heel if that's too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Something like these?

Advertisement