Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shopping depression

• 25-01-2013 11:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm having a shopping crisis. I went shopping in three cities but could not find anything that I thought looked good on me so I am now seeking your fashion advice. femalefigure1.jpg

This very silly picture gives you an idea of what my body shape is: Fairly wide hips and upper legs (causing me to look like a hippo in skinny jeans) slender upper body.
    I desperately need a wardrobe update!
    Because I'd like to stay somewhat anonymous on the forum I'd rather not post a picture of myself, but ask away if you need more info.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

More info needed.

What age are you, what size do you take, what height are you, what do you normally wear, is there anyones style that you admire etc.

PS how did you get that image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

mood wrote: »
    More info needed.

What age are you, what size do you take, what height are you, what do you normally wear, is there anyones style that you admire etc.

PS how did you get that image?

Sorry for not providing enough info.
    I'm 22, I'm a size 10, sometimes 12. I'm quite tall, 5' 9.
    I usually wear boring jeans with a nice top and a cardigan, rarely wear dresses because I don't really know what suits me.
    I like the 'casual chique' style if that makes any sense that said I also like the 'bumlook': oversized cardigans and wooden accesories. I'd like to dress more feminine without over doing it. I'll try and find some examples of styles I like.

I got the image by typing in 'female body shapes' into google and I thought it really looked like me :p

It sound like you could wear most things are you are tall and slim. I can't think of any advice now but will post again if I think of anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Your best bet would be to go to a personal shopper in a department store. I'm very top heavy with a tiny waist and small hips and I used to be in despair trying to get clothes to fit me until someone recommended I use a personal shopper/stylist. I thought it was a load of crap but I was so desperate that I gave it a go and I haven't looked back since :D I went to a woman called Mairead in debenhams in Dublin, she was excellent and she explained what kind of clothes and colours would flatter my figure. Most of them were things that I wouldn't even have considered trying on before :D If I remember correctly, the service is free but you do need to ring and book a time slot in advance :)

Mood: I'm slim down to my bellybutton in the sense that I have an hourglass figure and go outwards from there. All of my access weight goes straight to my bum, hips and thighs. So ideally I would be covering that up a bit.

Mrspostman: Never thought of that! Might check out my local Debenhams. Do they push you to buy stuff though?

Thanks for your replies!

• Advertisement

Hourglass is full boobs and hips but slim waste. Maybe your more pear shaped.

Just searched boards there about Personal Shoppers and I'm actually getting excited about doing it that way! Thanks for your help ladies!

Advertisement