Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding boots and winter coat in January

Options
  • 08-01-2013 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been running around shopping centres for the last few weeks to find knee high wide fit boots with leather lining (not just leather upper) in size 6 in any colour. I looked in every shoe shop in Liffey Valley and on Henry Street. Can anyone make any recommendations?

I'm also looking for a coat and yet can't seem to find anything decent in the shops because there's only the dregs left in the sales and they're bringing their spring collections in.

Very frustrating that I can't find a winter coat or boots considering that it's still only January! Any helpful suggestions appreciated.

Thanks x
    Tagged:

Comments

Moved from the Ladies Lounge to Fashion & Appearance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Try TK Maxx for the coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Wide-fit boots are hard to find, but I recommend Duo boots (online) - fantastic quality and their sale is on right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Zelda Fitz

Have you tried any of the smaller local type shops? Often they'll have more unusual shapes/sizes and out of season stuff. There's a place not far from Liffey Valley called Siopa Lara - might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭puddles and umbrellas

Nice knee high boots in Dunnes atm. Also second the suggestion for winter coat in TK maxx . . . . or Dorothy perkins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Thanks for the replies.

I finally found a coat I liked on Littlewoods.ie!

I'm still finding it hard to find leather knee high boots that are both wide fit and do not have synthetic lining. (I can't wear synthetic lined-shoes because of an unfortunate tendency to get athlete's foot!)

Will check out Duo.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Have you tried Evans for wide fit boots? They have a store on Henry St

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I got a pair of wide fit boots in Debenhams down from €122 to €36. Worth a look in a store but there doesn't seem to be much online. Clarkes also worth a look and more likely to find leather lined ones. Joe Brown have a couple of nice coats in their sale but their style would not be to everyone's taste. http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/pp+Womens-Clearance-Jackets+BA-JA-L?type=sub&sub=BA-JA-L&filter_colour=&filter_size=&sortby=ASC-PRICE&inStock=NO&perpage=1000 Use code MAR779AA for 15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I bought 2 pairs of boots in the sales yesterday, one in Cinders and one in Thomas Patrick. Both pairs have buckles at the top so you can let them out or take them in as needed. I was surprised by the amount of stuff still left in the sales, so it's definitely worth another look around town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭ShiftStorm

Thanks everyone - I bought two pairs from Duo - pure leather and wide fit. Quite expensive but am telling myself it's an investment!

Thanks again x

• Advertisement
Advertisement