Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heels too high on boots

• 08-12-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Is it possible to get the heels on a pair of boots shortened from 35 mm to 20 mm? I don't want to go to a shoe/heel bar to enquire yet and sound like an idiot , so if someone here knows if it is even possible ,advice appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It may not be a good idea as the sole/arch of the shoe will have been designed for that height of heel. If you shorten it, the boot could be very uncomfortable.

However, I'd suggest taking the boots to a shoemaker/repairs place and asking their opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

It is possible to get heels on shoes reduced, but I am unsure if you can reduce them by that much. As Dudara said, it depends on the arch of the shoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Has anyone here had any experience in changing the height of a heel on a boot? I'd be interested in seeing if it's possible to lower the heel on a pair of leather boots I have or to actually replace the whole sole/heel set-up. Even half an inch would work but ideally a little more. A quick internet search seems to yield mixed results but mainly it appears that it would alter the structural integrity of the shoe and it would be created on the angle according to heel height.
    Any ideas? They are good quality boots.

Merging threads together as they are the same topic.

dudara

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

If its a stiletto heel, then I dont think they can sorten it. I asked around a few years ago as I had a pair of stiletto boots that were too high for me. In the end nobody would do the job on them. I think there is a steel nail or something in the heel that they cant cut.

Its worth bringing into a shoe repairs to ask them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭short

Hi ok this probably doesnt exist but does anyone know if I can get the heels on a pair of stillotes lowered. I bought a lovely pair a few months ago about 4 inchs and since I have had an accident and hurt my hip I have been told by doctor not to wear high heels as will make pain in hip worse. So I was wondering if I could get the shoes lowered an inch or 2 are they were really expensive and I love them .

Obviously I will survive if this is not possible and will buy more sensible shoes but just wondered if this service was available anywhere in Dublin

Thanks

Threads merged

dudara

Advertisement