Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone up for some Civ3?

Options
  • 12-12-2002 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Grabbing Civ3 and the multiplayer-enabling expansion shortly, anyone want to subscribe to the potential opponent list? I don't know many people who have/are buying the game...

Provided you don't mind being nuked :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

I'd be up for that.

I'm getting the multiplayer expansion for christmas (well the wife said she would tell Santa for me!!)

How are you with the single player ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

got it here too, but have not had time to play it yet..

cant wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I'd be up for that, just go easy on me. Just until I can slyly attack in force :D

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Originally posted by amen
    How are you with the single player ?

I haven't played Civ3 singleplayer yet! However I've been playing Civ2 for years, so I'll feel right at home in the nicer Civ3 interface... I've even tried playing Civ2 multiplayer over LAN with a third party utility, which was decent enough, but waiting for the other player to take his turn wasn't great... since the Civ3 expansion support simultaneous turn taking, that will not be a problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

play Civ3 a lot * wonders does DNC have the mutliplayer expansion yet?*

mark me down on oponents list (sp?) are u talking about online or in Dnc?

If i play the Romans u had better pray that u get iron b4 i do!!!!
    :D LOL

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Corben Dallas
    are u talking about online or in Dnc?

Online. A Civ3 game in DNC isn't covered by my budget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'd also be up for this. I played a good bit of single player when it first came out.

Coincidently giving meglome a lot of money for the privilege.

Does anyone know how much the original and the expansion pack are going for nowadays? It'd be nice if they packaged original and expansion in a bundle...

Originally posted by Corben Dallas
    play Civ3 a lot * wonders does DNC have the mutliplayer expansion yet?*

I'll get it today... just couldn't face the queue in Smyths the last time i went in.

and relay the price :)

• Advertisement

The price is €29.99 in Smyth’s and I believe 10% off if you have a loyalty card.

Bought Civ3 and expansion pack, ready to play multiplayer whenever anyone else is :)

I've PM-ed you all with details...

Advertisement