Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trying to decide on laptop - help please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The Dell only comes with a Core i5 while the other two have a Core i7 Quad CPU and 2 GB more memory, that choice is a no brainer really. ;)

The Tosh has the fastest processor of the lot. Although the 3612QM has a higher model number than the 3610QM, it offers slower clock rates and therefore performs worse. However, the 3610QM is specified at a much higher TDP of 45 Watt, thus you can expect a longer "battery life" from the Lenovo.

The HD 7670M benchmarks marginally better than the GT 630M (though benchmarks are not everything, some games and applications perform better with Nvidia cards, others perform better with ATI graphics).

All in all, I'd say the Tosh is best choice (GPU & CPU).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thephantom1

cool, thanks a lot. You explained it well, dell is out the window so:)

Advertisement